• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans at game this weekend

I think at one point there were flights from Southend to Carlisle. When we get a home game allowing supporters in I wonder how they will choose the 1 000; I am guessing the first 1 000 to renew their season ticket? There probably won't be time to do a ballot.

OK, so what does that mean for away fans?
I've already seen how that applies in the stadium. What about outside and leaving the ground. Do all 1,000 leave at once?

OK, so what does that mean for away fans?
I've already seen how that applies in the stadium. What about outside and leaving the ground. Do all 1,000 leave at once?
It means nothing to away fans. Those 1000 tickets will go to just over half of their 1800 season ticket holders!

Terrible news for us.

That's 1000 less iFollow subscriptions for this match and a home only crowd to sway the ref.
It's an interesting one because Carlisle season tickets only cover 22 home games, i.e. all commencing in October or later, so there was no iFollow code to compensate patrons for straight off the bat. Some may have already purchased passes, assuming it wasn't widely unofficially known they were going for this as a test game. Their next home game is Barrow and the club have maybe jokingly said they want to obviously try and get more than 1000 through the door for that.

Is it really surprising they aren't allowing away fans?

I don't want to turn this into another thread about Covid, but I can see the logic in not allowing fans to travel 326 miles, especially when some will be relying on public transport as well as supporter coaches (which obviously won't be running).

It is a trial run to see if slowly introducing fans will be safe and logistical. Carlisle having up to 1,000 fans in an 18,000 capacity stadium is hardly going to effect the result.

Yes as Chapperz says not going into COVID too much but i'm pretty sure the thinking behind no away fans is stopping people from travelling from area to area.

I accept both points of view, but even 1,000 fans can make an impact - especially after none whatsoever since March.
How do Carlisle know their supporters club from London are staying put, or for that matter, any exiles from somewhere else other than Carlisle?
They don't.
Unless the club insist on just Carlisle-based fans who can prove it - the possibility of travel is still there.

They will have chosen this game as a trial for the very reason of geography and how few would go traditionally as an away fan

They will have chosen this game as a trial for the very reason of geography and how few would go traditionally as an away fan
Shrewsbury Town v Northampton Town is only 97 miles.
Not sure they got that right - a mere 90 minutes away.
Agreed that in a normal season, Carlisle is an ask, but having been starved of live football, their own supporters will be coming from all over, if they can bag a ticket.

Now here might be a way out of our current financial situation.

From the CU website - "Please note – this fixture is NOT part of your Season Ticket package. You will be purchasing your place in the stadium for this game (prices are below)."

Sell people a ST then charge them to get in. I feel that I must have missed something here..

None of these are what you would call rivalries or local derbies though are they?

The nine EFL games to host fans this weekend
Championship
Norwich City vs Preston North End
Middlesbrough vs AFC Bournemouth

League One
Charlton Athletic vs Doncaster Rovers
Blackpool vs Swindon Town
Shrewsbury Town vs Northampton Town
Hull City vs Crewe Alexandra

League Two
Forest Green Rovers vs Bradford City
Carlisle United vs Southend United
Morecambe vs Cambridge United

None of these are what you would call rivalries or local derbies though are they?

Championship

League One

League Two
No, and your point is?
Mine, is that this won't necessarily deter home fans from travelling to the games.
The real issue is travel, no?
There are loads on the Zone who don't live in the Southend are - me, for one.

Championship

League One

League Two
Morecambe have decided not to partake as they are not ready yet.

Back