• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Fans Back May 17th

Same as others here, we bought our two tickets in the hope that we might see some games - and the joy at being at those two home games was huge - and to retain our preferred seats.

I know from our Liaison Meeting last week that the idea of refunds is not on the agenda at all as yet - I think Ron genuinely didn't imagine people would expect any refunds.

I must admit, it would have been good to have had away games included when we are effectively paying £40 odd to watch a home game that others are paying £10 for.

It is just the way it is though and I think most are realistic enough not to be expecting any actual refund but let's hope that there is some kind of deal offered for those of us who did buy season tickets this year.

Echo the views of the ST's above. I don't expect any refund on my ticket, it was bought in knowledge I likely wouldn't see any live football this season. I am very fortunate that the pandemic hasn't impacted on my finances unlike those of the football club and many others in the Southend family who may not have been able to support the club financially as they might have wanted to or have been able to in the past.

I do think the club might make a small gesture of thanks to those who have been ST's this year but likely in the form of a small discount of next year's ticket or money off in the club shop.

And that’s the reason they chose that date !

Rubbish, Grand National no Crowds , Cheltenham no Crowds, Derby max 5000. Royal Ascot finishes 2 days before they can have a normal crowd, now10000 max....if anything they have played against horse racing!

I do think the club might make a small gesture of thanks to those who have been ST's this year but likely in the form of a small discount of next year's ticket or money off in the club shop.

Perhaps when the new stadium gets built all season ticket holders for this season get their names added to a brick that gets put into the stadium or into the walkway leading up to the stadium.

I bought my ST hoping every last penny would go towards carrying our club through financial hardship, both self-inflicted and pandemic related. I had a feeling that we would be highly limited on the amount of games we could attend this season.

I don't want any money back, the club can keep it and hopefully some of it went into the relegation battle war chest...

I'll just be happy if we still have a club to support when this whole pandemic ordeal is over.

As an over 60 the cost of my ticket is equal to an i-follow pass for all home games - yes, I would rather have attended in person but would have bought a pass anyway so not out of pocket and really enjoyed the two matches we were able to attend.
Rubbish, Grand National no Crowds , Cheltenham no Crowds, Derby max 5000. Royal Ascot finishes 2 days before they can have a normal crowd, now10000 max....if anything they have played against horse racing!
what about Cheltenham last year helping it to spread?

I bought 2 and fully expect no refund, if they wish to give a voucher for the ship or only off next season ST price then fine but I expect (and in reality know) that is very unlikely or even not going to happen

I will buy my 2 next season and enjoy every minute i watch even if we do lose, to support my local team is fantastic and they need us as much as we need them.

I bought my season ticket with the full knowledge that i would be unlikely to attend any games. I wasn't expecting a miracle when I bought mine. However, as a Senior I have broken even on the ticket and saved myself around £25 match. (140 mile round trip and something to eat on the way home).

Mind, I would have preferred a trip to Roots Hall for matches, but hey ho, next season isn't far away, whichever League we are in.

I bought m y two and let the club have the credit from the season before. Im grateful that we were able to attend the two games we could this season and as disappointing as it is to not return again this season it is what it is. We will renew as and when for next season regardless of what league we are in. In terms of any compensation, i wont ask and wont accept if offered but maybe a free home shirt or something similar would be a nice gesture for next season

I take my hate off to those who have bought several season tickets, yet only get ifollow (£230) but willing to accept they won't or don't want a refund. Fair play to you.

I bought two season cards for me and the lad.

I would expect some sort of discount on the same for next season in the National League :Whistling:

If Ron chucks in a free "Legacy" shirt that would be a nice touch.

Last edited:
Back