• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Fans Back May 17th

I'd assume that, since the club were clear from the start that any fixtures behind closed doors will be an iFollow pass, their stance will be that fans knew it was a gamble to buy a season card under the terms laid out so they'll have to accept the loss.

I never renewed this season as I doubted that the season would even go ahead and as someone who is shielding, I doubted by ability to attend.

I am owed 80 odd to use on tickets.

I doubt that this will be carried over until next season.

As an over 60 the cost of my ticket is equal to an i-follow pass for all home games - yes, I would rather have attended in person but would have bought a pass anyway so not out of pocket and really enjoyed the two matches we were able to attend.

Any chance we could be part of the pilot live events that can start in April?

I would question the idea that iFollow access has been 'free' - I've paid for 3 season tickets in my house, when we could have spent £230 just buying iFollow passes on a match by match basis.
Yeah I’ve bought 3 too - I’m expecting a discount for next season

Been an expensive season for some seasos and got the constant reminder of the paper ticket for boxing day! Like an evil willy wonka?

i agree, I actually think there is a reasonable, albeit slight chance we may get a couple of games in. The dates released are surely worst case scenario, although they may not be saying that right now.

That said, I also think we won’t be relegated.

BBC are reporting the dates as no earlier than so sounds to me like best case scenario

Isn't Wembley the venue for all of England's home games as well as both Semi Finals and Final?

It will be a weird feeling seeing just having 10k if it ever happens. I don't know why they just don't scrap it and worry about getting the whole world fixed for the World cup next year.

Also what's happening to the Olympics, it's gone quiet on that front.

from my understanding there will be in compensation for this season as we have been given free access to iFollow for home games.

next season i assume will be buy your ST as normal

I can't see many people doing that with all the uncertainty.

I would question the idea that iFollow access has been 'free' - I've paid for 3 season tickets in my house, when we could have spent £230 just buying iFollow passes on a match by match basis.

Oldham in their refund to season ticket holders deducted £230 for complimentary access to ifollow

Isn't Wembley the venue for all of England's home games as well as both Semi Finals and Final?

It will be a weird feeling seeing just having 10k if it ever happens. I don't know why they just don't scrap it and worry about getting the whole world fixed for the World cup next year.

Also what's happening to the Olympics, it's gone quiet on that front.

I believe we play Czech Republic on June 22nd after the limits are scrapped. From how I took it it looks like May 17 - June 21st will be capped attendance then a free for all assuming the hospital numbers stay in our favour

I can't see many people doing that with all the uncertainty.
A friend of mine follows England everywhere (doesn't have a club side)!
He's been refunded on all his tickets( quite a sum of money) but has first refusal on re scheduled match (could be Paris or whatever). I was surprised when He told me a concert or the like could take priority.

A friend of mine follows England everywhere (doesn't have a club side)!
He's been refunded on all his tickets( quite a sum of money) but has first refusal on re scheduled match (could be Paris or whatever). I was surprised when He told me a concert or the like could take priority.
Sorry quoted wrong post,

Same here

I bought a season ticket knowing there may be a good chance I'd only be at a handful of games throughout the season although expected (hoped maybe) that would be more than the two I managed to get to! I know not everyone is able to in these times but I won't be asking for any part-refund or money off a season ticket for next season, happy for the club to keep it all. In fact if I'd known the credit agency was going to muck us around I would've payed in cash.

I'll also say being able to see those two games and being able to briefly chat to my friends in person for the first and only time since last year was worth every penny of the season ticket to me.

Echo this post 100% agree and feel the same

What exactly did season ticket holders expect to happen? It was always a long shot that fans would be allowed in this season, indeed I remember Ron getting an absolute hammering on here for not releasing details of the tickets early enough, he bowed down to the pressure and sold tickets and now people are complaining that they weren't good value.

Seriously this place can be horrendous at times

Absolutely this. I bought my season ticket knowing full well I might not see any live football for it. There's a global pandemic on, and it's hard to reconcile the idea that hundreds would have been expecting fans to be back regularly! I was fortunate of course to be in a financial position to do so, but I'm not expecting any money back as none of this is the club's fault (for once). If everyone wanted a refund, SUFC would cease to exist, or at the very least be seriously hampered in competing next year.

Back