• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News 'Fans could be back for start of next season'

Scrap the "2 metre" rule which very few countries have imposed even at the height of the Wuhan Plague pandemic and this will be a hell of a lot lot easier.

It might also mean that schools, restaurants, pubs , cinemas and concert venues might be able to open again in my lifetime too.

Scrap the "2 metre" rule which very few countries have imposed even at the height of the Wuhan Plague pandemic and this will be a hell of a lot lot easier.

It might also mean that schools, restaurants, pubs , cinemas and concert venues might be able to open again in my lifetime too.
2 meters was imposed most places then r3educed to 1.5 and then 1. In the next 2-3 weeks that will come down i believe.

But given China has had second wave things may slow down a bit relaxing wise all over the world

Almost a no win situation, if they dont relax and nothing happens people moan, if they do and something happens people will moan.

I think a 1 meters restriction if fans are allowed back say September er time is pretty decent if it can be administered correctly

I reckon it will come down in the next fortnight.

Very soon the Government will have to decide what is worse for the nation in the long term; an illness which is now unfortunately here to stay in one form or another or the total collapse and ruination of a generation's education and a massive section of the economy.

No contest really.

I reckon it will come down in the next fortnight.

Very soon the Government will have to decide what is worse for the nation in the long term; an illness which is now unfortunately here to stay in one form or another or the total collapse and ruination of a generation's education and a massive section of the economy.

No contest really.
I did say 2-3 weeks.

And your saying they have to choose between companies and people working and lives? Thats exactly why they cannot win, no fan of thee government but it is a no won situation almost

I did say 2-3 weeks.

And your saying they have to choose between companies and people working and lives? Thats exactly why they cannot win, no fan of thee government but it is a no won situation almost

It's not just a case of choosing between lives and jobs.

Are you prepared to give up society as we know it for the foreseable future, perhaps forever for something that we can control and treat to an extent but will still be deadly for some?

I know i'm not

It's not just a case of choosing between lives and jobs.

Are you prepared to give up society as we know it for the foreseable future, perhaps forever for something that we can control and treat to an extent but will still be deadly for some?

I know i'm not
I and we have for the last 14 weeks or so maybe more so For the next 6 months or so yes, for the sake of lives. Too many have died, as unpopular as that may be yes i am. We can’t treat it as yet, we cant eradicate it as yet, will only take a handful of people to contract it go to matches and then it spreads.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Anyway too political for a football thread, apologies mods

I and we have for the last 14 weeks or so maybe more so For the next 6 months or so yes, for the sake of lives. Too many have died, as unpopular as that may be yes i am. We can’t treat it as yet, we cant eradicate it as yet, will only take a handful of people to contract it go to matches and then it spreads.

It's not political at all, just our own opinions.

Not everyone is going to agree but i suspect the restrictions will be lifted in time for next season at the latest for the reasons SK mentions above

It's not political at all, just our own opinions.

Not everyone is going to agree but i suspect the restrictions will be lifted in time for next season at the latest for the reasons SK mentions above
They could well be, I’m not saying they are not, just its a difficult choice as lives could be at risk. If you lose a loved one (I haven’t) i am sure peoples opinions will be vastly different,

Hopefully it does end soon but as i say i would be prepared to have social distancing and societal restrictions for longer if it means everyone can be as safe as possible.

As a last word in this vein, there are, to my knowledge only 2 diseases that have been eradicated from the earth, small pox and rinder pest, the Wuhan Plague is here to stay. Sadly, we will have to learn to live (or die) with it.

As a last word in this vein, there are, to my knowledge only 2 diseases that have been eradicated from the earth, small pox and rinder pest, the Wuhan Plague is here to stay. Sadly, we will have to learn to live (or die) with it.
It isnt an illness to be blasé about.

Most of the Others have medication to get rid of the symptoms of vaccinate against though which is why we can live through them. The flu was very much like this back in the early 1900;s, they developed a vaccination for that and cures to reduce the effects and thus people dont die and we can live thru it

Most of the Others have medication to get rid of the symptoms of vaccinate against though which is why we can live through them. The flu was very much like this back in the early 1900;s, they developed a vaccination for that and cures to reduce the effects and thus people dont die and we can live thru it
Have thought for a while that the most likely advances against this disease will be ways to mitigate its worst effects. Flu still kills many but we live with it and combat it as well as we can

2 meters was imposed most places then r3educed to 1.5 and then 1. In the next 2-3 weeks that will come down i believe.

But given China has had second wave things may slow down a bit relaxing wise all over the world

Almost a no win situation, if they dont relax and nothing happens people moan, if they do and something happens people will moan.

I think a 1 meters restriction if fans are allowed back say September er time is pretty decent if it can be administered correctly

China has a second wave because they are still using wet markets I'd imagine

I am not being blasé but merely, I think, realistic. And as a fat man in his sixties who is it seems at increased risk of being held in the viruses deadly embrace I still think that if I am to live the rest of whatever life is left to me in abject fear I would do better to worry about being diagnosed tomorrow with a life threatening cancer which is, unfortunately, statistically far more likely.

I am not being blasé but merely, I think, realistic. And as a fat man in his sixties who is it seems at increased risk of being held in the viruses deadly embrace I still think that if I am to live the rest of whatever life is left to me in abject fear I would do better to worry about being diagnosed tomorrow with a life threatening cancer which is, unfortunately, statistically far more likely.
And I am in my 50’s ha[ve had a hear5 attack last year and have no lymph nots in my face on the left hand side, so for me I think safety is more important

Back