• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am sure that you are right about no questions regarding our current form,therefore not worth going.:thumbdown:

I am sure that you are right about no questions regarding our current form,therefore not worth going.:thumbdown:

That's a shame. If everyone took that attitude and didn't go, then those kind of questions wouldn't be asked. Knowing Kavanagh, he'll take questions but if he's not at liberty to answer on something then he won't, I don't think he'd disagree with anyone moaning about the poor start to the season. I think the meeting is primarily for discussion on the former JPT competition to allow questions to be asked about that as it got everyone very animated.

That's a shame. If everyone took that attitude and didn't go, then those kind of questions wouldn't be asked. Knowing Kavanagh, he'll take questions but if he's not at liberty to answer on something then he won't, I don't think he'd disagree with anyone moaning about the poor start to the season. I think the meeting is primarily for discussion on the former JPT competition to allow questions to be asked about that as it got everyone very animated.

He's already made it clear what his thoughts are on it in the media and by responding to people however.

This should have been a chance for people to ask what is going on at the club to arrest this bad run of form. Are we chasing players? Do we have the finances to get more players in? What is the latest with the stadium? Will we be signing Simpson? Why haven't we signed more players?

Instead we'll get cliche responses from Shaun Harvey about why the EFL Trophy change is great.

We could end up dropping to new League 3 and end up facing Braintree/Concord Rangers & Chelmsford City if they make it as one of the 8 side that moved up to new league 3 lol

Seems to me if you have SUFC at heart then you would go,im sure there will be many questions answered concerning the proposed new format,better to get the answers straight from the horses mouth than second ,third or fourth hand.

Sadly I can't make it so would someone please ask Mr Harvey why, when CEO of Leeds, he swore that neither he nor Ken Bates knew who owned the club and therefore how he knew that the owner was 'fit and proper'?

Dependent upon his answer the follow up question is regarding his own 'fit and proper' qualification for his post and the disgraceful u21 decision.

If I can get some questions can I give them to someone to ask? I won't be able to make it.

Sadly (and if this makes me a bad fan then so be it) I can't even be arsed to entertain these forums - if I went I'd only get into an argument with whoever was representing the Club regarding the stadium, and disenfranchise myself even more.
If I'm honest, I've grown to like the approach of burying my head in the sand, pretending that Ron doesn't run the club, and just getting on with the chore of watching us play football.

I can't go, getting home from work at that time is impossible , but everyone should want to hear the answer to this. There is a lot of concern that u21's in the jpt is the thin end of the wedge. Kavangh and others reassure us that the league voted and changed their rules so that they needed a 90% vote to allow b teams instead of the normal 51% needed for normal votes.

My question is if the league wanted to reverse this decision would it require a 51% or 90% vote? If it's 50% then it's makes the 90% safety net irrelevant and therefore we should be worried

Sadly (and if this makes me a bad fan then so be it) I can't even be arsed to entertain these forums - if I went I'd only get into an argument with whoever was representing the Club regarding the stadium, and disenfranchise myself even more.
If I'm honest, I've grown to like the approach of burying my head in the sand, pretending that Ron doesn't run the club, and just getting on with the chore of watching us play football.

This is exactly how I have felt for years. It's fairly difficult at times to do just that though.

This is exactly how I have felt for years. It's fairly difficult at times to do just that though.

sherrif.jpgWesty.jpg

Sherif and Westy getting on with the chore of watching Southend.

I can't go, getting home from work at that time is impossible , but everyone should want to hear the answer to this. There is a lot of concern that u21's in the jpt is the thin end of the wedge. Kavangh and others reassure us that the league voted and changed their rules so that they needed a 90% vote to allow b teams instead of the normal 51% needed for normal votes.

My question is if the league wanted to reverse this decision would it require a 51% or 90% vote? If it's 50% then it's makes the 90% safety net irrelevant and therefore we should be worried

I think I can answer this one, SK has told us during discussions at liaison meetings that it's 90% to change anything along those lines.

Back