• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Name or Not?

• The Blue Voice

Votes: 114 81.4%
  • The North Bank Army

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • The 1906 Army

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other (Please suggest)

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters
I'd consider incorporating 'pier' into a name change. We are pretty unique in 1) having a pier and 2) having the longest pier.

That makes a change fatso :thumbsup: fantastic. All about being positive.

There's always difference of opinion on whether we should be the Blues, the Shrimpers (or both). Therefore I suggest....
"The Blue Shrimping Coalition"

Thanks for the feedback chaps. Appreciated.

I would like to see over 100 votes cast, before a decision is to be made. It seems pretty evident where this is headed already, but would like to see a larger concensus.

It's only 83% in favour of keeping TBV, early days and all that mate.

:hilarious:

Not a big fan of Blue anything because it doesn't relate to Southend United in my mind. Hated the Blue Country attempt to market the club because Blue Country could be anywhere.
We support Southend United so I believe Southend should be in everything we do as a club, to distinguish ourselves from other teams, we are unique and should highlight that.
So in answer to the thread, Southend Voice would be my suggestion, or anything that has the word Southend in the title.
And a big well done to all those who make the Voice of southend United FC heard at home and all over the country.

Gone with the majority here of keeping the name "The Blue Voice" and agree with most of the comments for keeping it.
The blue voice is generic to all the supporters and can used in home and away games.

The Blue Voice for me, but think 1906 is quite cool, would work well if used in some way (on cards held above head sort of thing).

If the North Bank is to be our new home I feel the name NBA is the best option.

Like most other support clubs in the stands they have a song about the stand or the group and NB is very easy to fit into a song unlike TBV

Back