• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans returning to stadiums put on hold.

Just heard Michael Gove on the BBC saying that the planned 1st October fans return to stadia in some form is to be postponed so won't be happening.

Can't say I'm surprised, but another nail for smaller clubs?

so the season has to be stopped right? last season was abandoned because clubs couldn't run without any fans present so how can we continue this season? a lot of clubs will go out of business over this.

If it gets paused now, they ain't going to change their minds in say January are they? Not like cases are going to go down over the winter. We'll probably play the whole season behind closed doors. At least until March.

This is stupid, cases have only risen 17% in the last two weeks and seem to be steady at the 4k a day mark, and have been for the last week, yet the government is listening to Piers Morgan and going backward.

From what I ne’er stand we would not have been doing the pilot of 1000 fans anyway as the costs would be too high and the losses on the cub would have increased.

I always thought mid October anyway but even then thought that was 50/50.

so the season has to be stopped right? last season was abandoned because clubs couldn't run without any fans present so how can we continue this season? a lot of clubs will go out of business over this.
Don’t think it was stopped because of fans present think it was to do with virus control and costs for clubs (in L1 and L2) over testing etc.

but it will as you say hurt a lot of clubs

Probably saw this one coming to be honest but now the Government needs to step in to help clubs survive this.

Ifollow revenue is less than a fifth of takings from an average home match.

Think you’ll find they’re listening to some medical chaps instead.
Last time it was this high the deaths from Covid-19 were knocking around an average of 750 a day. Currently average of 12 per day yet the number.

I went to Tescos (Pitsea) and forgot my mask so purchased a pack at customer services before commencing my shopping. Walking around I don't know why I bothered. Loads of people not wearing a mask. And i'm not talking young. I'm talking old. The people that you would think would be shielding. Some had a mask, but it was around there hand (Presumably ready to be put on if they got challenged) None were wearing an exemption lanyard.

However, i digress. Don't see why it has been delayed. Seats are all socially distanced, no more than 6 people in a Bubble. Seating is outdoors (ignore the roof, its as good as outdoors as they come). Would imagine it would only be season ticket holders so would only be around 1,500 maximum.

Last edited:
Probably saw this one coming to be honest but now the Government needs to step in to help clubs survive this.

Ifollow revenue is less than a fifth of takings from an average home match.

They haven’t stepped in to save the travel, tourism and aviation industries as yet, would think saving football clubs is unlikely.

Back