• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans returning to stadiums put on hold.

I've posted this before in response to people a month or two ago questioning why cases weren't going up when protests were happening and beaches were packed but it seems relevant again given that grounds are outdoor environments.

The risk of infection is much, much higher indoors than outdoors because the virus has no one to go when indoors so it just hangs around (it takes more than one Covid particle to be ingested to get infected). It can easily end up infecting people on the other side of the room because it can't spread out into the atmosphere unless the room is well ventilated. Outdoors on the other hand it just goes off into the atmosphere after a few seconds before you can breathe in enough particles to get infected, so you'd need to be sitting next to an infected person for an extended period of time to be at risk (and if you're socially distancing this shouldn't be an issue). Back in May only 1 Covid outbreak had been sourced to an outdoor environment.

Apart from on Tube trains....Oh and Asda, my local corner shop and pubs before 10pm. In fact its quite safe to do lots of things indoors apart from visit your own family of course.

In Greece they have jus bought in a rule where you have to have 40% of your workforce at home. Regardless of how much space they have at work or what type of work. So office based companies can survive but builders will struggle.

So who's waiting around for when we actually have a crisis? Like the whole of Bangladesh being under water etc.?

Apart from on Tube trains....Oh and Asda, my local corner shop and pubs before 10pm. In fact its quite safe to do lots of things indoors apart from visit your own family of course.

In Greece they have jus bought in a rule where you have to have 40% of your workforce at home. Regardless of how much space they have at work or what type of work. So office based companies can survive but builders will struggle.
This government, like most around the world, bar Sweden, are floundering. They don't know what to do. Their only weapon is shutting down society which is only effective, if at all, while the suppression is in place.

Totally agree.

I have also seen many people in Pitsea Tesco not wearing masks and also in many other shops.
The evil, murdering bastards!

But don't you worry, after Boris' announcement today it seems that it won't be too long before units of the Paras are deployed to a supermarket near you to force masks on everyone at gun point.

Last edited:

This is the rule our younger daughter's employer operates under in Paris (though 50% for them).She's currently teleworking here until tomorrow (very much against the rules to be doing so abroad) but I won't be snitching on her..

Sweden, no 2nd spike, not a single day over 500 cases since early July, when their peak in early June was 1698 cases. Death rate per 1m similar to ours (580 vs UK of 615), although I know much less densely populated, and not an economy in crisis that is going to be paying the debt for Covid for the next 3 generations.

I class that as a success.

Sweden, no 2nd spike, not a single day over 500 cases since early July, when their peak in early June was 1698 cases. Death rate per 1m similar to ours (580 vs UK of 615), although I know much less densely populated, and not an economy in crisis that is going to be paying the debt for Covid for the next 3 generations.

I class that as a success.
And, of course, just because the country is "less densely populated" it doesn't mean that said population is evenly spread out over the entire land base. They still have large cities where large populations live in close proximity and who gather together in public, and so are (in theory) just as likely to catch or pass on a disease as would the population of any other city/ town in the world.

And I can go to a cinema, where as surely a stadium is safer!
Yes on the face of it stadiums are safe if people stick to social distancing.As I have mentioned elsewhere watched the Hashtag game on the bbc last night and in a crowd of only 300 little social distancing was happening everyone was clearly not following the rules

Yes on the face of it stadiums are safe if people stick to social distancing.As I have mentioned elsewhere watched the Hashtag game on the bbc last night and in a crowd of only 300 little social distancing was happening everyone was clearly not following the rules

Honestly I think it's simply just a case of the government caring more about helping cinemas than helping football clubs. They're picking and choosing who they want to support financially and who to clamp down on, and at times it feels arbitrary.

Not to say that lockdown measures aren't necessary, they are to slow down the spread enough that the NHS isn't overpopulated with patients. And to do that something has to be restricted, but I think the government largely have been floundering and their lack of care about lower league clubs is just a small part of that. Wasn't too long ago they tried to blame footballers for not taking paycuts, and that blew back in their faces! They seem to have a distaste of football in general.

Back