• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans returning to stadiums put on hold.

So basically that's what you are accusing me of being because you don't like my standpoint on this issue?

I find both the implication, and you, offensive.

Perhaps I should have replied to your post "How ****ing Dare You!" which I do now.
Not wishing to get involved overly but you don’t respect his standpoint by putting it down to being some sort of brainwashed into believing how bad it is, and then expect people to believe yours and vice verse. People dont agree with each other loads of times, thats just life

Last edited:
Not wishing to get involved overly but you don’t respect his standpoint but putting it down to being some sort of brainwashed into believing how bad it is, and then expect people to believe yours and vice verse. People dont agree with each other loads of times, thats just life
I respect his standpoint and nowhere have I called him brainwashed, I just don't agree with it. Does that justify him inferring that I am a Nazi?

I respect his standpoint and nowhere have I called him brainwashed, I just don't agree with it. Does that justify him inferring that I am a Nazi?
Maybe brainwashed was the ring word but what your saying is what he is saying is absolute sh** as those that dont believe yours and others are saying the same.

I cannot say what justifies anything as i am not the person doing that.

COVID is the same as the flu back in the early 1900’s, it called an absolute stack full of people, a cure was developed to stem the infection and help cure the disease, never eradicated it as inoculations are available every year. However if thE world back then had the same info we do now as well as no cure it is likely it would be handled the way things have been with this disease. In time a vaccine will come about and it is likely we would have to have one every year, that will likely be the outcome.

However respect should be shown to all viewpoints on here, as lots of people will have been affected by this. It is also not a football related topic so it probably shouldn’t be discussed anyway

That's a question which is practically impossible to answer in any civilised society.Personally I don't see it as a binary choice anyway.

It is irrelevant wether you see it as binary choice or not, lockdowns have tragic consequences. They do not work.

The longer we take to understand this the bigger the unemployed list grows. More children missing out on education, suicides surpassing Covid deaths.

Feel free to take it as a joke if you're not one.Otherwise I'm deadly serious.

Tangled your embarrassing and an example of why politics cant be discussed on here any more

Besides which holocaust do you mean the one where 300,000 Spanish babies were stolen and is still covered up or the more well known one involving Nazis and Jews?

It is irrelevant wether you see it as binary choice or not, lockdowns have tragic consequences. They do not work.

The longer we take to understand this the bigger the unemployed list grows. More children missing out on education, suicides surpassing Covid deaths.
All true points and all th8ngs to be avoided. But we were not the only country to domthe lockdown.

anyway let’s get back to football shall we

Sweden, no 2nd spike, not a single day over 500 cases since early July, when their peak in early June was 1698 cases. Death rate per 1m similar to ours (580 vs UK of 615), although I know much less densely populated, and not an economy in crisis that is going to be paying the debt for Covid for the next 3 generations.

I class that as a success.
Swedish league football is still still behind closed doors though and likely to be until the season ends, which I think is later than usual maybe sometime in Dec.

See the Orient v Spurs game is off due to an O’s player testing positive for Covid ! Can see things coming to a grinding halt very shortly

The O's game was called off because 7 players or staff had tested positive.

The only good thing for me, is that I don't have a decision to make, it has been made for me.

See the Orient v Spurs game is off due to an O’s player testing positive for Covid ! Can see things coming to a grinding halt very shortly

I'm inclined to agree with you, I take it Orients opponents last weekend will now be isolated until they get tested? It's all eerily familiar to how things got stopped in March

I noticed that the Arsenal v Liverpool game next Monday kicks off at 20:15.
Does that mean fans can go to the pub to watch but will be kicked out at 22:00 as the game enters ‘added time’ ?
Not totally related but just amused me.

Dan Roan of the BBC has tweeted .......

Am told that sports were informed by officials at meeting with DCMS today that ban on fans will be kept under review, but that they shouldn’t expect them back until at least the end of March.
Football, rugby, cricket, F1, & horse-racing were on the call

Back