• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans to be allowed back

Enjoy mate. Not sure if he is still there but former youth team player Lyle Della-Verde was last seen playing for Enfield Town.

I remember there being a bit of hype about him when he was here. Never got the opportunity to show what he could do for us, as he was snapped up by Fulham, IIRC?

I’ll keep an eye out.

So my first taste of live football in what seems like forever. It’s amazing how much you miss the little things, such as fans shouting out dumb comments, the fluorescent nazis and the smell of those rancid, mystery meat burgers.

Aveley’s Parkside ground is a neat, tidy little ground, with a seated main stand that has a sprawling bar area & a 4G pitch. As far as non-league stadia goes, its one of the better grounds I’ve been to.

Unfortunately for Grays, they aren’t currently harbouring the next Freddy Eastwood, Michael Kightly or Aaron McClean. Infact you’d be forgiven for thinking that a few of their players were dragged in off the street at around 2:55pm, and asked if they fancied making up the numbers.

Enfield Town were a class above, and ripped Grays apart when they fancied it. Former Blue’s youngster Lyle Della-Verde caused them havoc in the first half, with some mazey, dribbling runs, and the ability to find space regularly (thanks to @Chalky for bringing him to my attention)

The game finished 3-1 to Enfield, which was thoroughly deserved.

Still, it only cost me the princely sum of five English pounds to get in, and until a trip to SS2 becomes more likely, I could be tempted to venture back there again. And as an added bonus, it only took me 16 minutes from the final whistle to get home.

I had to run errands for my mum while she recovers from a broken leg so bad Luke Hyam would have died twice and even Harry Lennon would have thought twice about trying to run it off.
Instead I went out on my bike, saw about 15 minutes of the game through the fence of East Thurrock United 1-0 Malden and Tiptree 0.
Then went over to Stanford-le-Hope for some cricket, to the beach, back to see Stanford smashing it in their win.
Decent day even without a full match

The Hullbridge game on Tuesday will not have cash on the evening....Tickets in advance.

They will be offering a free pint to any Shrimpers attending but your name has to be on the list. So if any of you want to go, then let me know and I will put your name down.

There may be lifts available depending on where you live so pm me if you fancy it.

I'm going to give Manor a go on Saturday. Last time I saw an ESL game I was reffing it. I'm hopeful that smaller, local clubs might financially benefit from those of us getting our fix away from our usual "supplier".

I'm going to watch Burnham Ramblers later today its start of their league season.Nice part of the world to watch football

Back