• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FAO North American Shrimpers

chaco27saf

Manager
I just had a look at Setanta's schedule and the are showing the first leg of the play-off semi live next Friday. So be prepared to have a nasty cough all day next Thursday so your boss doesn't get suspicious when you call in sick on Friday! I imagine the second leg will also be shown live, but the schedule on Setanta's website only goes until the 14th.

I just had a look at Setanta's schedule and the are showing the first leg of the play-off semi live next Friday. So be prepared to have a nasty cough all day next Thursday so your boss doesn't get suspicious when you call in sick on Friday! I imagine the second leg will also be shown live, but the schedule on Setanta's website only goes until the 14th.

Great stuff, enjoy my friend! I remember watching the FA Cup Game against Canvey on Fox Sports in Calgary. Seven hour time difference so it was lunch time for me, but I was suitably inebriated and confused a lot of Canucks by going berserk when Jay Smith scored.

The last game I saw on Setanta was the Man Utd match last season. The place was fairly empty at the time, only a few scattered patrons having a late lunch and one Man U fan. He ended up sitting with my friends and I, and I couldn't have been happier that he did. I think I almost gave our poor waitress a heart attack as she came over to get us some more drinks just as Freddy launched his famous free kick.

Thanks for that, I will be in Orlando next Friday so will search for a suitable bar.

Thanks for that, I will be in Orlando next Friday so will search for a suitable bar.

From the Setanta website, these are bars that have Setanta in Orlando, and might be showing the game.

Bar/Venue Lizzy Mccormacks
Address 55 N Orange Ave
City Orlando, FL 32801
Phone 407-426-8007
Website www.LizzyMcCormacks.com

Bar/Venue Ale House Florida Mall
Address 1667 Florida Mall Avenue
City Orlando, FL 32809
Phone 407-240-4080
Website www.alehouseinc.com

Bar/Venue Cricketers Arms, The
Address 5250 International Drive
City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-354-0686
Website www.cricketersarmspub.com

Bar/Venue Fridays Front Row
Address 8126 International Drive
City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-363-1414
Website www.frontroworlando.myfridays.com

Bar/Venue George and Dragon (Orlando)
Address 6314 International Drive
City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-351-3578

Bar/Venue Lucky Leprechaun
Address 7032 International Drive
City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-352-7031
Website www.luckyleprechaunirishpub.com

Bar/Venue Murphy's Arms
Address 6582 International Drive
City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-352-0734
Website www.murphysarms.com

Bar/Venue O'Shucks Pub and Billiards
Address 7467 International Drive
City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-352-7892
Website www.oshuckspub.com

Give one of them a call when you get out there and check that they are actually showing the game.

From the Setanta website, these are bars that have Setanta in Orlando, and might be showing the game.

Address 55 N Orange Ave
City Orlando, FL 32801
Phone 407-426-8007

City Orlando, FL 32809
Phone 407-240-4080

City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-354-0686

City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-363-1414

City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-351-3578

City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-352-7031

Bar/Venue Murphy's Arms
City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-352-0734

City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-352-7892

Give one of them a call when you get out there and check that they are actually showing the game.

Definitely try The Cricketers Arms. it's in the Mercardo shopping and dining complex on International Drive. Great traditional English pub. And the Mercardo is great for dinner choices.

You lucky sod. I went on family holidays to Orlando 5 times between 95 and 05, but my parents can't afford to go anymore. I pine for the place :'(

How good are Setanta sports at showing our games? I ask because I'm going to be in London in Western Ontario in Canada for most of next season, so I'm wondering how I'll be able to get my Southend fix! How do you go about it? Blues World coverage or anything like that? I imagine if we are in the Championship next season that the coverage may be a little better anyway but nevertheless (in a really sad way to everyone else who won't understand!) I'm anticipating withdrawl symptoms :(

How good are Setanta sports at showing our games? I ask because I'm going to be in London in Western Ontario in Canada for most of next season, so I'm wondering how I'll be able to get my Southend fix! How do you go about it? Blues World coverage or anything like that? I imagine if we are in the Championship next season that the coverage may be a little better anyway but nevertheless (in a really sad way to everyone else who won't understand!) I'm anticipating withdrawl symptoms :(

When I was in Whistler, we had a pretty sweet Sky set up but you couldn't get any Southend highlights for love nor money.

Very grateful for KennyGUK that season :)

Definitely try The Cricketers Arms. it's in the Mercardo shopping and dining complex on International Drive. Great traditional English pub. And the Mercardo is great for dinner choices.

You lucky sod. I went on family holidays to Orlando 5 times between 95 and 05, but my parents can't afford to go anymore. I pine for the place :'(

Thanks for all these tips. I'm off tonight and will be staying on International Drive (I know it's long) so will look them up.

Message to all the above posters all your imformation and detail is brilliant a big well done to everyone great work fellas

Good luck with that!

Was out there last year when we beat QPR 5-0 but couldnt find a place where it was on for ****.

Can recommend a place called Beef O'Brady's. I watched Southend vs Luton in the FA Cup there a few years ago.

It's in Lee Vista in Orlando, address is here: 6651 South Semoran Blvd., Ste. 106, Orlando, Florida, 32822.

Typically, if a Southend game is on TV Setanta will show it, unless it is the FA Cup, which at least in the US the rights to those games are owned by Fox Soccer Channel, which is much more mainstream channel. As for highlights, without Blues World the only highlights you'll get is when we play midweek or Friday night games and Sky Sports News (which is on Fox Soccer a couple hours a day) show some highlights.

Hooray another shrimper in Ontario.That brings us up to about 8. We are all gonna get together if we make the play off finals for a party.you can order setanta it is about $15.00 a month,which is well worth it for all the footie coverage.Not sure who will be your cable provider down there.Blues world has got a lot better to listen to games live and that is worth the money as well.The chat room on game days is a must.Like Seth said you get odd highlights when we have a midweek game.You can get foxsports canada which shows fa cup games , and sky sports news, in a package with leafs tv and raptors tv if you like hockey and basketball.or you can buy it individually for $3.00.If we make the championship then There will be more sufc on Setanta.If you have any questions about London and the surrounding areas drop me a line as we have one of our reps living down there.

Typically, if a Southend game is on TV Setanta will show it, unless it is the FA Cup, which at least in the US the rights to those games are owned by Fox Soccer Channel, which is much more mainstream channel. As for highlights, without Blues World the only highlights you'll get is when we play midweek or Friday night games and Sky Sports News (which is on Fox Soccer a couple hours a day) show some highlights.

Which package does Setanta come with? At the moment i only get FSC as part of my Time Warner bundle, and although its no great hardship, i have to go to the pub to get any of the setanta games. Im thinking more for the lazy hangover mornings when i cant be bothered to get out of bed.

Address 55 N Orange Ave
City Orlando, FL 32801
Phone 407-426-8007

City Orlando, FL 32809
Phone 407-240-4080

City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-354-0686

City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-363-1414

City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-351-3578

City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-352-7031

Bar/Venue Murphy's Arms
City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-352-0734

City Orlando, FL 32819
Phone 407-352-7892

Could you post a link to the page that lets you put in your location for bars with setanta? My girlfriend lives near Chicago / South Bend (IN) and she'd love to be able to watch the game.

Which package does Setanta come with? At the moment i only get FSC as part of my Time Warner bundle, and although its no great hardship, i have to go to the pub to get any of the setanta games. Im thinking more for the lazy hangover mornings when i cant be bothered to get out of bed.

Unfortunately you can't get Setanta on cable, you need to have either DirecTV or Dish Network to get in your house.

Back