• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Richie Keogh

Hi there.

I'm looking for a player who may have played for Southend down the years. I don't know the name of the player, just the teams he possibly played for.

This player only played for four clubs during his whole career and one of team is likely to be Southend. I'm aware this doesn't narrow the list much so I'll simplify it.

* It's a well known player, a name who any Footie fan would know immediately.
* He's only played for four in his career and apart from Southend they're all around the Liverpool/Manchester/Bolton area of England, clubs in and around that area.

I realise this is very little information, but the best tip I can give is that it definitely won't be an obscure name, it'll be a well known footballer who most likely didn't spend the twilight of his career with The Shrimpers.

If you have an idea of who this is it'll help me alot if you could try help, cheers.

What era?
There's loads of clubs in that area- can you narrow them down?

Good point Naps as Phil Chisnall only played for 4 clubs, Manchester Utd/Liverpool/Stockport up Norf and us, but that was in the 60/70's.

I'm not 100% sure on the era, I can make an educated guess at since it's definitely a well known player then the era is most likely within the last 30-40 years, probably won't be beyond that.

Another piece of advice would be to think of all the stellar names you've had play for Southend and if they've played for just four clubs in their career then it could well be them.

I think this is the point when we realise that you're taking the p***.

I've got better things to be doing with my mornings than trying to wind up Southend fans for absolutely no reason.

Nope it isn't Shaun Goater - could well be Chisnall but again I'm not sure if Stockport corresponds to the area I mentioned in the OP.

I've got better things to be doing with my mornings than trying to wind up Southend fans for absolutely no reason.

Nope it isn't Shaun Goater - could well be Chisnall but again I'm not sure if Stockport corresponds to the area I mentioned in the OP.

Well Stockport is only 15 miles from Manchester.

This is the map of the team's he's played for.

ayxesp.png

Does that look like it could be Stockport? I'm Irish so I'm unfamiliar with the map of England.

Looks like Liverpool/Everton, Blackpool, Something in the Manchester area and Southend to me

Peter Clarke has only been permanently signed by Everton, Blackpool, Southend and Huddersfield (plus a couple of loans) - probably not famous enough though

If the map is accurate then I would say Liverpool/Everton, Southport, Manchester/Oldham/Rochdale and Southend.

Was it definitely as a player or could he have been the manager?

No idea as not sure who he played for other than us and Liverpool but what about Mike Marsh?

Back