• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FAO tw&ts Behind me Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastStandBlue

Life President
When Jamal gets the ball close to the byline, and cuts back to Guttridge in a better position thats a good move. I'd rather he do that than cross the ball into the box when no one is in there...

It's not big or clever to shout torrents of abuse whenever he gets given the ball, nor is it to, when hes being sub'd shout "Why's everyone clapping the little sh!t?". How about you get behind the lad, surely thats more productive?

Oh, and it helps if you watch the game instead of nattering to your mate all f*cking game about business matters... Maybe then you would've seen that Jamal's defensive duties yesterday were great.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 27 2006,08:10)]When Jamal gets the ball close to the byline, and cuts back to Guttridge in a better position thats a good move. I'd rather he do that than cross the ball into the box when no one is in there...

It's not big or clever to shout torrents of abuse whenever he gets given the ball, nor is it to, when hes being sub'd shout "Why's everyone clapping the little sh!t?". How about you get behind the lad, surely thats more productive?

Oh, and it helps if you watch the game instead of nattering to your mate all f*cking game about business matters... Maybe then you would've seen that Jamal's defensive duties yesterday were great.
I had some plonkers behind me too... where were you sitting?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 27 2006,08:10)]When Jamal gets the ball close to the byline, and cuts back to Guttridge in a better position thats a good move. I'd rather he do that than cross the ball into the box when no one is in there...

Hang on a minute. I know you are correct saying that people should get behind the players, but people are allowed to express their opinions.

I was sitting in with the Leicester fans yesterday above the dugouts so had a different viewpoint on the game.

I too thought that Jamal looked devoid of idea's pretty much every time he got the ball. Their were some "f%&k's sake"'s from me too. Does that make me a moron too
rock.gif

Dont forget that it was HIS misktake which gave away the corner. He was trying to play football on his own goal line instead of sticking it out for a throw on....which is one of the first thing you are taught as a kid.

I understand your viewpoint of supporting our boys - as we did too, but people are allowed to speak their minds too so give it a rest!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimptank @ Aug. 27 2006,09:14)]
[b said:

Hang on a minute. I know you are correct saying that people should get behind the players, but people are allowed to express their opinions.

I was sitting in with the Leicester fans yesterday above the dugouts so had a different viewpoint on the game.

I too thought that Jamal looked devoid of idea's pretty much every time he got the ball. Their were some "f%&k's sake"'s from me too. Does that make me a moron too
rock.gif

Dont forget that it was HIS misktake which gave away the corner. He was trying to play football on his own goal line instead of sticking it out for a throw on....which is one of the first thing you are taught as a kid.

I understand your viewpoint of supporting our boys - as we did too, but people are allowed to speak their minds too so give it a rest!
You're quite right, people are entitled to express there opinion about our players, and that includes showing there discontent if a player is having a bad game.

Referring to one of our own as a'little ****' and other names whilst he is playing for us, is a completely different matter mate.

We have all had the 'for fcuks sake' moments with Southend, usually every game, but shouting abuse at them is not really on is it?

And the one person who least deserves abuse is JCR... Yes, sometimes he had bad moments, as all players do, but his work rate and commitment to the cause is second to NO ONE else in our squad, and if he is having a bad game, the last thing he deserves, or should have to put up with is, is abuse.

There are some players in our squad, who when having bad games, can give the impression they dont give two hoots and are not interested, JCR is certainly not one of them, and it is high time people got off his back and started to appreciate all the effort the guy puts into playing for our club.

I would agree with that statement if the players could actually hear the abuse but seeing as 99% of the time they can't IMO people can say what they like about who they like in the stands. And if two blokes in front of me want to talk business
for the entire game then let em. They paid their money like everyone else for their 90 minutes. How they choose to spend it is entirely up to them.
I remember the days when virtually the whole of the south upper used to abuse Keith Dublin week in week out. That is a big no no as far as im concerned but one person voicing their opinions about a player, no matter how profound, is neither here nor there if he can't hear it and therefore it cant or wouldn't effect his game.

[b said:

It's not the "gets the ball close to the by-line, and cuts back to Guttridge" bit that I find annoying about JCR , it's the lack of doing a large part of what he is in the team for , beating the opposition players and passing/crossing the ball to a Southend player , that I find frustrating. As quite a few posters have commented , he has all the skills but seems to continually lack the end result hence he must frustrate people even to the comment about why he was being clapped.

I love the comment about watching the game instead of nattering about business matters , it's a good job you don't sit in the SU near me cos you would hear all sorts of comments about lots of things un-connected with the match said by some of the strange people who sit there.

I have disagree there. You pay your money to support the team. Financialy and more importantly verbally. If someone wants to talk business etc all game they can fcuk off as far as i am concerned. Jamal has been top notch since coming here, and has been one of the better players. He will only continue to be so , if when he has a bad game he doesnt get slated. I am the first to shout for fcuk sake when tings go bad, but i also shout head up and keep going etc . This is more constructive. Its probably these same idiots who sit like church mice when the team are playing well. The sunderland match at roots hall was like a morgue until we started winning. Pay your money and support the team. Aiming abuse at certain players will not work .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Aug. 28 2006,10:48)]I have disagree there. You pay your money to support the team. Financialy and more importantly verbally. If someone wants to talk business etc all game they can fcuk off as far as i am concerned. Jamal has been top notch since coming here, and has been one of the better players. He will only continue to be so , if when he has a bad game he doesnt get slated. I am the first to shout for fcuk sake when tings go bad, but i also shout head up and keep going  etc . This is more constructive. Its probably these same idiots who sit like church mice when the team are playing well. The sunderland match at roots hall was like a morgue until we started winning. Pay your money and support the team. Aiming abuse at certain players will not work .
I am sure on Saturday if any comments were made no-one on the pitch would have heard them as we were miles from the pitch.

Actually people pay their money to attend a football match, you choose to support a team . I have been to many matches un-connected to SUFC and I don't support either side.

I don't think JCR has been top notch since his arrival, his final ball is nowhere near as good as it should be , in my opinion.

If it bothers you that much why didn't you tell the 2 in question to shut up and stop talking business and watch the football, rather then coming on here moaning about it.

And moaning about our supporters once again
mad.gif

well said they have a right to moan they are all supporters of southend united fc spending a fair bit of money going to watch the team they love i have a moan once in a while usally bout prior
biggrin.gif
but i still go week in week out - just because fans moan it dosent mean they are not giving their support for the team

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Aug. 28 2006,10:48)]I have disagree there. You pay your money to support the team. Financialy and more importantly verbally. If someone wants to talk business etc all game they can fcuk off as far as i am concerned. Jamal has been top notch since coming here, and has been one of the better players. He will only continue to be so , if when he has a bad game he doesnt get slated. I am the first to shout for fcuk sake when tings go bad, but i also shout head up and keep going  etc . This is more constructive. Its probably these same idiots who sit like church mice when the team are playing well. The sunderland match at roots hall was like a morgue until we started winning. Pay your money and support the team. Aiming abuse at certain players will not work .
Sometimes the match can be poor and you talk about other things, I actually thought the Leicester match was incredibly boring all round and could have easily talked about something else.

I think that fans express their displeasure on here but not at matches (either home or away) so unless Prior,JCR,etc are permanently logging on to SZ they will not feel the criticism.

I don't think we have a 'whipping boy'' at the moment but if things go down hill the likes of Paynter and JCR could easily be candidates, although I think the fanbase has changed and increased since the days of having a go at the likes of Derek Hall,Keith Dublin,etc.

As for JCR, he never crosses the ball or makes a meaningful pass and if we ever get a chance to view last season on DVD you will see he was responsible for various goals against us (Forest away,Barnsley home) to add to Leicester on Saturday.

[b said:

Why didn't you say anything at the time ? That must be better than yet again someone comes on here and starts a discussion about something that could have been settled at the time when it happened. I for one am more interested in the team news and gossip concerning the football team than your petty opinions on who said what and where ?? This is supposed to be a fans board for SUFC topics not a " I don't like what someone said at a game" board
rock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back