• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FAO Xabia Shrimper

XS just wondering how it feels this season being "stuck" in Spain during what is by far our most successful season in years.
With you being a Southend fan of Im guessing 30+ years and newly moved from these shores its got to be slighty gutting surely.
Have you been back to see many games this season?
How will you be spending the next two Saturday afternoons?

Just nosey thats all
Cheers

In fact this goes for everyone living overseas

I know Mike was back for the Swansea game and missed Freddys first two goals!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ April 25 2005,21:42)]I know Mike was back for the Swansea game and missed Freddys first two goals!
No! I missed Freddy's first because I was yapping to the lads in the East Stand and only realised we scored when they all stood up! And I missed Prior's goal because I was in dire need of a leak after consuming far too much ****y English lager!

WS

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ April 25 2005,21:40)]XS just wondering how it feels this season being "stuck" in Spain during what is by far our most successful season in years.
With you being a Southend fan of Im guessing 30+ years and newly moved from these shores its got to be slighty gutting surely.
Have you been back to see many games this season?
How will you be spending the next two Saturday afternoons?

Just nosey thats all
Cheers

In fact this goes for everyone living overseas
Not so gutted as you might think, you know.

I'm old enough to have experienced the 80/81 season (I did every home game) and I did just about every match home and away in the historic 90/91 season so I've "been there, seen it" before. What's more annoying is that Mrs WS has only been a fan for about 8 years and has not experienced the joy that a successful season brings. Still, life in the sun doing feck all or enduring the grime and sh*te on the FGE line to sit in a hot office working your nuts off for a faceless boss?! I know what I'd choose!

As I said above, we came back and saw Freddy's debut against Swansea back in October. We couldn't come back for the LDV but, in hindsight, that probably wasn't such a bad thing.

The next two Saturdays will probably be spent just like any other Saturday this season ~ in my local watching Sky Sports Soccer Saturday and keeping an eye on the lastest score ticker. Spanish TV have licence to show Premiersh*te games live on Saturday afternoons so we normally have two games on another two screens (we have four TV screens in the bar) as well. This weekend we'll have Snowy and Jo with us for the Yeovil game. We've converted plenty of people to the "Way of the Shrimper" and they all look out for the scores now!

Is that suffice, nosey?

WS

tounge.gif

Mike,
You could always try signing up to the Blues World commentary and listen into the BBC Esssexvia the net.
That way the club would continue to make a bit of dosh from you too!What do you want to watch that Premeirsh*te coverage for anyway.
smile.gif

Phil

Back