• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Farewell to a fellow shrimper r.i.p.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
RICHARD WILLIAM WHITWELL 12/12/1956 to 28/12/2011. Yesterday I attended the funeral at Southend Crematorium of 'Winkie' a fan of well over 40 years who had a really unusual claim to fame. In the promotion season of 1971-72 when Blues played at Barrow he travelled up by coach, fell asleep on it, only to be woken up by fellow fans after the match was over. His popularity was obvious by the number of people attending his funeral and he will be no doubt be sorely missed by family & friends alike.

just read WINK one of my old drinking friends at southend east railway club has died, and at 55 still so young. Always the life and soul of the party and loved his football. Does anyone know how he died ? remember him being so fit

I was at the Crematorium, I used to work with him at Shoeburyness.
I believe he was ill on a train,people were saying at the service it was a blood clot.

sorry to read about my old mate,we had a few good times together,like when we both hitched to dover-sufc,pre season game&bunked the trains back.that was the 72-73 season.i was also in that coach at barrow, rip mate

Back