• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

cluniemore

The Wee Birdie
Hello all shrimpers it has been enjoyable being the mouth piece of the gaffer luggy over a three year period. And im on today to bid a fond farewell on hehalf of my good friend. Over this weekend Paul and Andrea are moving on are renting property over the summer months, recharging batteries before there next challenge. They would like to thank the fans for there support over the years and especially that special day at wembley, never to be forgotten. They wish Southend United every success in the coming season and will be watching from afar with interest And who knows what the future holds they may have one day luggy pacing around the away dugout stranger things have happened. Personally aurevoir and luggys farewell ditty was lang mae yer lum reek dont know if i spelt it right lol.

Cheers Luggy and all the best. One day I'll never forget was you taking us to Wembley.

C96A71BB-211A-456E-94A6-C6C704A9A860-4972-0000025148A16086.jpg

Cheers Luggy and all the best. One day I'll never forget was you taking us to Wembley.

Definitely this.......a great manager to take us on an amazing journey from despair to better days - and an amazing trip to Wembley to remember. Thanks Luggy - you're and gent and a scholar, and it's been great to have you at Southend - you will always be welcome back, even if it's pacing around the opposition dug-out. All the very best to you both for the future.

Please excuse the numbnuts associated with the club who never took to you, most genuine supporters thank you for all your efforts. You came to the club at a very difficult time and provided stability. You've delivered something most of us thought we'd never see, and that, of course, was Wembley. You also carried out your job through very difficult times, but always with humility, you're a true gent and I wish you and Andrea the very best, wherever your future lies.......unless it's Colchester! :winking:

With very sincere thanks.

All the best luggy good luck where ever you go ! You done a absolutely fantastic job for us and I've seen some great games under your reign. It's great to see that there is still some good feeling from you and the club that is Southend United. You will be sadly missed by many.

I suspect most fans who actually know the game will applaud your good self ,Well done Paul.

Thanks for saving our club from non league. You had a real struggle working with RM and you did every Southend fan proud. ATB for the future.

Its not often nowadays you get a man with honour and humility if the face of adversity in sport , many thanks for the highs and the lows during your stay, wembley being the highlight..

Good luck in all that you do and face in the future...

I dont often use this phrase , but you will forever be up there with the ''Legends'' of SUFC

Please excuse the numbnuts associated with the club who never took to you, most genuine supporters thank you for all your efforts. You came to the club at a very difficult time and provided stability. You've delivered something most of us thought we'd never see, and that, of course, was Wembley. You also carried out your job through very difficult times, but always with humility, you're a true gent and I wish you and Andrea the very best, wherever your future lies.......unless it's Colchester! :winking:

With very sincere thanks.

Can only second this post, whatever the future holds may it be full of good health and good fortune, in my eyes your are very close to Dave Smith as my favourite all time manager,though close not my favourite lol:blush:

Keep well and thanks for that day at Wembley, Rons lost at you not leading the team out was the supporters gain on the day

Thanks,Luggy.All the best for the future.A gentleman within an industry of sharks.

Thanks Luggy, all the best for the future. :thumbsup: And thanks to cluniemore for keeping us in touch with the management over the last 3 years.

Thank you Mr Sturrock for saving our club. You had a run of bad luck which meant that automatic promotion was missed by a single point, despite having 83 of the damn things which would have secured automatic promotion in any other season. Thank you also for being such a gentleman and reminding us that this game, so often sordid and mercenary, can still be a thing of beauty and honour. Very best wishes for the future, and I hope we will see you back at the Hall (or FF if it's ever built) even if it is as the boss of a (fortunate) away team.

All the best Luggy and thanks for all your hard work with the club. Love it everytime i see a Pic of you at Wembley as a Fan of the team. The one above in the this thread is particularly good. A true Gent ! :smile:

Thank you Paul. You performed a miracle in your first season and I was just happy to remain a football league club, for that I will always be grateful. That day at Wembley was really something special, it was your day!

Best of luck in your next challenge

Thank you also to cluniemore for always keeping us informed.

I spotted Luggy going into a corner shop on Fairfax Drive the other day, wondered if he'd soon be off.

Thanks again to him for steering the ship through some very murky waters over the past 3 years.

for me that picture says so much about the man i mean if i put myself in his shoes even as a southend fan if i had got the club to Wembley only to be screwed by Ron i dont thin ki could stomach watching the game on TV let alone with the fans enjoying the day..

a true legend and although i wasnt a fan of the football we played i always felt safe with him in charge and i wish Paul all the best for the future :)

Our loss will be someone elses gain, I wish you were still in charge. Thanks for everything and all the best for the future Luggy! :thumbsup:

The man saved our club from free fall and got us to what should have been automatic promotion two seasons later

Forever in the hearts of sufc fana

Back