• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Timmy spouting rubbish again,he wants to help every waif and stray,he demands another vote on Brexit.

Yet

Timmy is against same sex marriage !!

Politicians don't you just love them,tut tut Timothy.

z9sFrQMfEME5a.gif

Yeah it's a shame. I had a lot of time for Clegg and Vince Cable was always spot on when it came to economic matters, the coalition tainted them it seems. Nothing to offer these days

Indeed I voted Lib Dems in 2010, more out of a protest vote to be honest.

Indeed I voted Lib Dems in 2010, more out of a protest vote to be honest.

I think I would have done but was living in Oz at the time and didn't bother postal voting. Did vote for them in 2015. If there were an election tomorrow I don't think I'd vote, nobody is appealing.

Yeah it's a shame. I had a lot of time for Clegg and Vince Cable was always spot on when it came to economic matters, the coalition tainted them it seems. Nothing to offer these days

Some political analysts said that a conservative/lib dem coalition would be the end of the lib dems. Whoever they were, they weren't far wrong...

Sadly and perhaps worryingly the liberal tide appears to have gone out pretty much over the whole of Europe. People seem to believe that more radical solutions, either on the extreme right or left are the answer to today's problems. :sad:

Sadly and perhaps worryingly the liberal tide appears to have gone out pretty much over the whole of Europe. People seem to believe that more radical solutions, either on the extreme right or left are the answer to today's problems. :sad:

I'm no expert on European politics but the snippets I see from France/Germany/Italy certainly seem to suggest that. It baffles me that the appetite isn't there to be honest.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...f-mainstream-political-parties-is-on-the-rise

This is interesting

I'm no expert on European politics but the snippets I see from France/Germany/Italy certainly seem to suggest that. It baffles me that the appetite isn't there to be honest.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...f-mainstream-political-parties-is-on-the-rise

This is interesting

Yes, interesting to have the facts laid bare like that, would seem to confirm what I'd feared. Until fairly recently I was expressing my fear for democracy in the west, in that there was little real choice being offered by the mainstream parties. It would appear that I am wrong and indeed democracy is flourishing, the problem being that one doesn't necessarily agree with the reaction to the mass of voters, searching for some kind of direction, away from the established party set up. I don't believe there are simple solutions to complex economic problems. What we lack at the moment is someone with the vision to push capitalism away from the 'liberal free market approach' which has had its day and continues to work for an ever decreasing minority, whilst failing the large majority.

Back