• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FarSide - Gary Larson

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
One of the few pleasures of working was that each year some kind soul would buy me the Far Side desk calendar for Xmas. Sadly Larson ran out of steam and decided enough was enough and the desk calendar was no more. For those of you that haven't a clue who I'm on about I've added a couple of my favourites from a massive collection.

bears.jpgPenguins.jpg

Any other Larson fans out there and do you have a favourite Larson cartoon? My Larson recollection actually came about when I found my copy of the Pre History of Farside in the loft today. I'll probably add some more as the week goes on as I have the Larson bug again.

Last edited:
There's a Facebook group that I'm a member of, and there's load posted on there.

You've probably see it but find the one with the moose.

Bummer of a birth mark Hal. Nearly pi $$ed myself at that one.

tumblr_mfetbtakQp1rcczgbo1_400.jpg

Good timing... I was recently looking for a Larson calendar for my daughter.

Years ago I had one which was a tear off cartoon for each day. I wanted to buy her one for Christmas (is it too early?) but can't seem to find one. If anyone knows where I can find one, I'd appreciate knowing where.

Good timing... I was recently looking for a Larson calendar for my daughter.

Years ago I had one which was a tear off cartoon for each day. I wanted to buy her one for Christmas (is it too early?) but can't seem to find one. If anyone knows where I can find one, I'd appreciate knowing where.

Sadly it is very unlikely that you will be successful in that hunt. This is from the Far Side.com web page:

Far Side calendars, greeting cards, t-shirts, coffee mugs, posters, computer calendars and screensavers, and Day Runner organizers/organizer refills are all discontinued products and are no longer being made by their respective companies.

http://www.thefarside.com/

I used to hire the books out from the 'Humour' section at Southend Library all the time when I was at school and I'd buy the greeting cards from WHSmith for Birthday cards as well but sadly they've long dissappeared.

I'd recommend picking up The Complete Far Side books (I have the hardback two volume set), they're a bit pricey but well worth it.

Back