• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fat Frank

I don't like Chelsea or Lampard for that matter and I was quite happy to see them lose, but that red card was a complete joke. It was a perfectly good tackle that shouldn't have even been a free kick! Bosingwa's foot push at the end was the most blatent red I've even seen and the lino is a yard away and gives nothing!

Just how bad are these officials getting? It's getting a little silly now.

I don't like Chelsea or Lampard for that matter and I was quite happy to see them lose, but that red card was a complete joke. It was a perfectly good tackle that shouldn't have even been a free kick! Bosingwa's foot push at the end was the most blatent red I've even seen and the lino is a yard away and gives nothing!

Just how bad are these officials getting? It's getting a little silly now.

Spot on about both decisions. The way the ball went for the Lampard sending off shows that he must of touched the ball, it wouldn't have gone behind Alonso if he didn't win the ball.

Refs are far too quick to pull out the red card nowadays. If he had stopped for 20/30 seconds he would realise the way the ball went must mean he won the ball.

As for the penalty in the Newcastle game, that is the softest penalty I have ever seen. The Duff one was a blatant dive, and was rightly booked. In fact, I thought Webb was going to book Taylor for a dive to start off with.

Am I the only one who thinks Gerrard should have gone in the opening minutes? He deliberately booted the ball at the grounded Chelsea player from centimetres away and for me that was totally reckless and stupid. Wasn't Delap sent off for something very similar yesterday?

EDIT: It appears Slipperduke agrees with me in his column on the match.

The Lampard one was a tough one to call. It looked harsh but his studs were clearly up and these days that appears to be a red card offence. Moussa's red against Brighton looked very similar. Oh, and I hope Bosingwa is punished retrospectively. That was a scandalous challenge and the linesman, right next to the incident, didn't move a muscle.

Last edited:
Bosingwa's challenge was the funniest thing i've seen in a long time. Chelsea won a freekick from it too.

Bosingwa's challenge was the funniest thing i've seen in a long time. Chelsea won a freekick from it too.
scolari just said on motd2 'bosingwa's tackle was a red i would have no complaints, lampards was not'

or something along those lines

yeah what was the linesman doing giving chelsea a freekick when bosingwa stamped on benayouns back
and
the fa arent taking action on bosingwa, its disgraceful its encouraging dirty play like that

Back