• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Father to Son

In what has been something of a shock to the system recently, Mrs Hank and I have started contemplating the idea of making and raising a little Hank. As I survey the wreckage that purports to be a society these days with its depleted traditional values, lack of discipline, absence of respect and pre-ordained cynicism, I've taken to wondering what guidance I can offer to avoid any wee one growing up with today's often selfish and ignorant values.

Apart from "follow your local team (it's great)" or "don't ever follow your local team, (choose one of the big boys, it's less painful)", what is the ONE valuable piece of advice you would give to a youngster today?

Respect your elders. They usually punch harder, and invariably know more.

I'd say be laid back to create an openness of trust etc while also making it clear where theres a line on things. When I look back from my schooldays, generally the ones who didn't have a good honest relationship with parents, were the ones who always hit trouble...

It's much easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission...

SEE THIS IS WHAT ****S ME RIGHT OFF!!! THIS GIVING UP AND **** OF TO ANOTHER COUNTRY ATTITUDE
People I ask why cant we stant together and make a change!!!!!! :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Too many people here who want to shoot us?

SEE THIS IS WHAT ****S ME RIGHT OFF!!! THIS GIVING UP AND **** OF TO ANOTHER COUNTRY ATTITUDE
People I ask why cant we stant together and make a change!!!!!! :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

I think you may need to recognise irony more readily.

I am sorry for the out burst MK but as a young lad myself who loves his country I just can't see why I would ever wish to leave!

I'll let you off Scott ;)

Better standard of life, permanent sunshine, affordable house prices.... do I need to go on?

Seriously mate, take the year out and have a look for yourself, you won't want to come home.

People I ask why cant we stant together and make a change!!!!!!

No offence to you here TrueBlue, however generally main thing that stops change is violence. Generally people who are so patriotic can only communicate through being of a violent nature.

I do not really have a massive problem with the UK (unlike some expats I meet & on this board!), apart from crime and social responsibility and understanding.

That however will not change overnight, in fact IMO I do not believe it'll change in my lifetime as it is going to need several generations to come through with the same views before it changes, and I personally believe it's only going to get worse before it gets better!

No offence to you here TrueBlue, however generally main thing that stops change is violence. Generally people who are so patriotic can only communicate through being of a violent nature.

I do not really have a massive problem with the UK (unlike some expats I meet & on this board!), apart from crime and social responsibility and understanding.

That however will not change overnight, in fact IMO I do not believe it'll change in my lifetime as it is going to need several generations to come through with the same views before it changes, and I personally believe it's only going to get worse before it gets better!

I understand your point there

We've got the adder and the bee! Not to mention 15 yr old Chavs with kitchen knives..

Back