• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fav Mob Phones

Yellow Army

Members
I've got a Sony Erricsson K750i - only got it for the mp3 player and 2 MP camera - sod the actual phone itself.

Still use my trusty Nokia 7210 3 years old atleast, and dispite getting loads of different current tech phones since, i always seem to use the Nokia, whats every ones favioute phone, or the one you just cant get rid of.

Samsung D500 is an excellent phone,mp3, camera...but you cant use your own ringtone for text messages!
Use all sorts of rongtones and mp3's for phone calls but you have a choice of about 5 standard text message tones and they are all crap

Waiting for the N92 to arrive from the nokia collection. It will have a digital tv installed, along with a mp3 capable of holding 3000 tunes. Expected to be released in June 2006.

Got a Samsung E720 at the moment, it suffers from the same problems as the D500 and the in-call sound quality is crap...

My favorite ever phone was my old Nokia 3330, because it was practically indestructible!

Nokia 6100.. Small , light, no poxy camera or mp3 rubbish, battery lasts for ages and as Renko once said on Hill Street Blues.. 'It lakes a licking but keeps on ticking'

Have a Battered Samsung E330 at the moment... Contract runs out next month and am looking at the Samsung D600 which a few mates have and have told me its a decent phone.

Have a Motorola V3 Razr Noir. Obviously, it looks the business... however, the sound quality is absolutely dire. I'd think very, very long and hard indeed before getting another one - this may drive me back into the arms of Nokia.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 14 2006,15:36)]Have a Motorola V3 Razr Noir.  Obviously, it looks the business... however, the sound quality is absolutely dire.
Snap.

But I don't have any problem with sound quality. I think it's been the best purchase I've made in years ...

An Orange
sad.gif
SPV 550 .

Actually its ok, buttons a bit fiddly sometimes. I bought it for the MP3. Not many windows mob' apps loaded yet and few games and it takes a minute and a bit to turn on...bloody windoze.

well as I worked for Vodafone for 3 years I tested out pretty much every brand going.

Was a shame when Sony merged with Ericsson, as the former couldn't make a decent phone to save their lives and the latter were probably the market leaders in terms of technology ( at the time ).

But I stuck with Nokia as every model I've had has been consistantly reliable and I'm currently using a 6230i

Got a Samsung D600 and I've been very impressed with it. Second best phone I've ever had, behind my beloved Nokia 7110 from back in the day.

Got a Motorola V635 at the mo. Before that I had a Motorola V500 and my first phone was a Nokia 3310.

I've got a Razr too... aside from looking smart, the thing is totally flawed.

The OS is sh!t, the sound is naff and it shuts itself off when you close the 'clam' to hard.

Would not get another...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Mar. 14 2006,21:55)]An Orange
sad.gif
SPV 550 .

Actually its ok, buttons a bit fiddly sometimes. I bought it for the MP3. Not many windows mob' apps loaded yet and few games and it takes a minute and a bit to turn on...bloody windoze.
I've got one of those and I hate it - I preferred the older version. The buttons on the c550 are horrible!!!

Got nokia 7610 at da mo but favourite has to be nokia 8310 i think came out at least 5-6 years go simple small phone changeable covers etc

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Mar. 16 2006,09:03)]I've got a Razr too... aside from looking smart, the thing is totally flawed.

The OS is sh!t, the sound is naff and it shuts itself off when you close the 'clam' to hard.

Would not get another...
Weird. I have a RAZR and have had none of the problems you and Matt have had. Now I'm waiting for them!!

rock.gif

Back