• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite Beatles song

MK Shrimper

Striker
As the BOTB dies a slow and painful death, what's your favourite moptops song...?

Mine has to be Norwegian Wood or Tomorrow Never Knows.....

Blimey... so hard just to pick one. I guess it depends if I'm in an "early" or "late" Beatles mood.

Early - Twist & Shout
Late - Penny Lane

I think I'm in an early mood today - I've got other great early hits like "She Loves You", "From Me to You" and "Please, please me" going around my head...

:)

Across the universe.. well at the moment its changes regularly

Without ANY shadow of doubt, it's got to be When I saw Her Standing There.

In my mind, this is not even open to debate.

Could choose more or less any of their songs (possibly with the exception of George's!) and it would be a credible choice as their best song. For me, it's Golden Slumbers, partly because it isn't that well known, relatively, and partly because my dad loves it, and plays it regularly.

Last edited:
Could choose more or less any of their songs (possibly with the exception of George's!) and it would be a credible choice as their best song. For me, it's Golden Slumbers, partly because it isn't that well known, relatively, and partly because my dad loves it, and plays it regularly.

Didn't George write While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Here Comes The Sun?

Didn't George write While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Here Comes The Sun?

Yes. He wrote some brilliant songs, both for the Beatles, and in his solo career. Unfortunately, the first thing that comes to mind when I think of him is "Love you to" which in my mind is the one poor song on Revolver.

Jeez, thinking about it though, he wrote some crackers: I Me Mine, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, I Need You, before going on to write songs such as My Sweet Lord in his solo career.

My bad.

Back