• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 08 2006,15:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ June 08 2006,15:04)]Got really in to Deuchars IPA whilst in Scotland a few weeks ago.
I always knew you were a classy geezer...

biggrin.gif
God only knows what I was doing up there though
oops.gif

Adnams good too
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ June 08 2006,15:04)]Come to think of it, think I might get a few bottles tonight to drink during the St Helens vs Hull game!
Does drinking beer make the game of rugby more appealing then??
tounge.gif

Back to the subject I'm partial to the odd pint of Kroenenborg, beer with a decent kick. May also have the odd pint of Guiness or Spitfire.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ June 08 2006,15:15)]Belhaven's good too. Had a good few pints of that when up in Glasgae in January.
Yes folks he's not lying, I can vouch he indeed did sink a fair few pints. I think he saw two of me appear through the door when I located which hostelry he was in!!!

In no particular order..

San Miguel
Oranjebaum
Nastro Azzuro
Sagres
Budvar
Estrella Damm

I believe The One Tun on Goodge St has Waggledance on tap, which is well worth a session in these heady summer afternoons.

I have to say, despite my love of a good pint of bitter, I tend to switch over to Budvar or Magners in the summer. Or red wine which is always brilliant.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ June 08 2006,15:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ June 08 2006,15:07)]or that Mexican gnats pi$$ who's name now escapes me?
rock.gif
?
Corona?
There are some top Mexican lagers, incidentally (of which Sol - which I'm guessing is the gnats pi$$ you're referring to - is not one). Mexico's biggest brewer is the Grupo Modelo SA - and most of the Mexican beers worth drinking are made by them, including:

Corona
Modelo Especial (my personal fave)
Modelo Negro
Pacifico (another good'un)

Indeed, the only other major Mexican beer I know is Dos Equis - i.e. "XX". Half the number of Xs, and twice the quality, of Castlemaine IMHO.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ June 08 2006,15:44)]I believe The One Tun on Goodge St has Waggledance on tap, which is well worth a session in these heady summer afternoons.
Ooh, that's a cracking pint... Blimey, I feel thirsty now...

Oo.gif

I usually only drink ale at Christmas and for the last few years I've bought a selection of St Peter's ales - the Winter Ale (6.5% ABV) is fantastic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ June 08 2006,15:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ June 08 2006,15:15)]Belhaven's good too. Had a good few pints of that when up in Glasgae in January.
Yes folks he's not lying, I can vouch he indeed did sink a fair few pints.  I think he saw two of me appear through the door when I located which hostelry he was in!!!
Fair point well made
Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ June 08 2006,15:18)]Theakstons Old Peculier is my top tipple.
...aahh Thekstons Old Peculier if you think the bottoms fallen out of your world, just drink 6 pints of Old Peculier and watch the world fall out of your bottom.
tounge.gif

Adnams, particularly in Southwold is a great pint. The brews from Hook Norton are also exceptional although a little light for my taste, rather in the way of Jennings of Penrith. Fullers & Spitfire, a fine pint in the Spread I may say.

On the subject of the Spread the Ice Cold Guinness is to recommended on days such as today slips down a treat.

The drinking of lager should only be contemplated when faced with a large dish of a particularly virulent Vindaloo.
suspect.gif

In no particular order.....

Ind Coope Burton Ale
Adnams Broadside
Sierra Nevada pale ale
Youngs special London ale
Carlsberg special brew.

I must say that in the main I agree that the best use of lager is, as my namesake Lister in Red Dwarf discovered, to kill a hot curry. However I confess that I am partial to bottled Grolsch, partly because it does have a strong flavour, and partly because the bottles then become perfect for housing home brew - which is another subject entirely!
tounge.gif

Back