• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite Elvis Song Thread

Elvis has (not) left the building

• Viva Las Vegas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teddy Bear

• Return To Sender

• Jailhouse Rock

• King Creole

• Big Hunk O'Love

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
Now as I said in the other "happy birthday" thread, Elvis Presley is one of my all time favourite artists (**** you Public Enemy and Wonderstuff).

So if, like me, you have exquisite taste in music, what is you favourite Elvis tune from my poll selection.

Currently listening to Burning Love which should be in the poll. What a donut I am!

I remember going to a party at my brother's(not Shrimpero the other one)flat in Lewisham a few days after Elvis had died.A couple of ghoulish party goers asked bruv,(who was a huge Elvis fan) to put on an Elvis track.He played the title track from the religious LP "How Great Thou Art."Not quite what they were expecting, I imagine.Respect.;)
While I'm a big fan of his Chuck Berry influenced Guitar man and particulary like his take on Jimmy Reed's Big Boss Man(and oh about a 100 others)including Trouble from King Creole.I'd have to nominate In the Ghetto as my all time favourite track.Simply for the shock and thrill of hearing the King sing something which actually acknowledged his huge debt to black music through the explicit social consiousness of the lyrics.

Last edited:
Elvis

The Impossible Dream..............Thank you very much

Last edited:
In the Ghetto was the first Elvis track I heard today, it's one I've always loved.

Back