• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am probably alone but my favourite shirt was the blue one with Progressive Print on it. The reason being that the shade of blue was in keeping with the clubs traditional colours before Ron changed it to navy blue. The one season we had with the shirt coincided with some of the worst players ever to wear our shirt, even the sponsors Progressive Print went bust!

Although i was at all those home games,season 69-70??When were wore the "Jock"kit..the FA,(were idiots then,as they are now) stopped us from wearing them,because it clashed with the refs shirt.
I think we borrowed 3 kits from teams,there REAL shirts,think it was 3??but not sure.but one was Chelsea,other was WBA,which we then used(did the fans vote for that,or the club??),what was the other,if was one?
Im sure Nobbler wrote the answer before,but have forgotten again!!
Can remember well,things -games played in the 70s..but find it hard to remember what i done last month!!Could this be down to ,those days ,plenty of long hair....now that my hair is going...so is my memory??? or is it that i drink more... and just dont want to forget the "good old days"
But it was weird,i think, that we played for a few seasons in the WBA,look a like kit,then played a few years in the Chelsea ,look a like kit......but we were more succesful in the CFC one

I liked the shirts that had Insure and Go on them as it was nice to have a decent sponsor on the shirt. The other sponsors we had were pretty poor, either went bust or were a way of promoting the chairman's company and saving on tax (eg, Laing, MD).

We must've had about seven shirts with Insure and Go yet they were almost all identical!

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 17.28.11.jpg

Blue with yellow trim and a local business on the front. Serve with: stonewashed denim and a pair of 'Silver Shadow' Hi-Tec trainers.

Im in the Navy camp but also loved the blue and yellow, whilst also owning a rather unusual purple shirt , signed and worn by
M'Voto with the logo" end Polo now". Specially produced for this game for the Charity

Im in the Navy camp but also loved the blue and yellow, whilst also owning a rather unusual purple shirt , signed and worn by
M'Voto with the logo" end Polo now". Specially produced for this game for the Charity

I think Ricey may also have one of these shirts, though not M'voto's, I certainly have a purple shirt

Although i was at all those home games,season 69-70??When were wore the "Jock"kit..the FA,(were idiots then,as they are now) stopped us from wearing them,because it clashed with the refs shirt.
I think we borrowed 3 kits from teams,there REAL shirts,think it was 3??but not sure.but one was Chelsea,other was WBA,which we then used(did the fans vote for that,or the club??),what was the other,if was one?
Im sure Nobbler wrote the answer before,but have forgotten again!!
Can remember well,things -games played in the 70s..but find it hard to remember what i done last month!!Could this be down to ,those days ,plenty of long hair....now that my hair is going...so is my memory??? or is it that i drink more... and just dont want to forget the "good old days"
But it was weird,i think, that we played for a few seasons in the WBA,look a like kit,then played a few years in the Chelsea ,look a like kit......but we were more succesful in the CFC one

I believe the third kit was Coventry City.
Too younfg to remember but something tells me Sky Blue!
Mr Brabbing???

I liked the cherry voltage red (the first one), rather than this season's...

2NZC0zZlnaLH3ZqcDaeGrWnJ3aS3Da15fXZe2ffmDbaojbItPLHE3bmevarmytvE3Ywv26xJ2fyb0ZDPCVoc0FTw2Mvg2T7jfTVVDLMGjcIgrWWf3YsO2dAiDbqeCSka21DICRH3zevz1wwHei7K3UpxqSuxLfv1YleuELHMsLvkq5nZDYXxAEADs=
Would have liked to own one of these from 61-65 - but they were never reproduced, and back in the day there was no way to get hold of one.

Anyone know why the sudden change from lighter blue to darker on the 68/69 kit and then back to the lighter blue two years later (all the way til my first ever shirt, 01/02)?

And what was going on with the 69/70 kit?

Back