• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
My favourite ever Southend shirt, just found one for sale, but it's £75 ! :'( first ever shirt I owned, no clues what happened to mine, wish I still had it...but it wouldn't fit me as I was around 9 or 10 at the time. Seeing this brings back memories of standing in the West stand with my grandad, watching Cawston, Pountney, Stead, & my hero of that time Colin Morris! :Worthy:

Also reminds me of that Liverpool game in '79... Anyone got one from this era or have a favorite shirt. Be interested to know who still has any of their old shirts, or who has the earliest original shirt or favourite shirt from BITD?.

Still have 7 or 8 old shirts, but nothing earlier than late 80s

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/1978-80-southend-home-l-s-shirt-m.html

southend-78-home-ls.jpg

I'm with Floval's first post.

Love that 1979-80 shirt.

Also, really like our current shirt.

I'm with Floval's first post.

Love that 1979-80 shirt.

Also, really like our current shirt.

Also like our current shirt, plus also have an affection for our Yellow (Wycombe) shirt, with the Roy of the Rovers style side stripe, can't think why :winking:

Got Parkers 77-78 shirt hanging on the wall,but my favourite shirt is,maybe!..the Scotland looking shirt 69-70??
When i played for Prittlewell Utd,late 70s,it was also a spin off from the supporters club,we were given the same shirts(but in red) from the club.It was great when we ran onto the pitch,where ever we played,the had some "crap" top..we had an old SUFC one... i really do wish,that i had taken one,but like being a Southend fan,i played for Pwell so would not.
I have wrote before,when i was younger,like many fans my age, you could watch Southend train in Priory Park and they would throw the old shirts on the side as they were training, a bundle of old, used SUFC shirts(60s shirts).Then after training, all picked up and off they all would walk to Roots Hall.
Love to go back in time,no need to pick any shirts up,all they would see is a 12 year old,running like hell,with a bundle of shirts in his arms and a Beano comic in his back pocket

Just in case anyone hasn't seen all our shirts on the 'Old photo's of Southend thread', here they all are.

[video]http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Southend_United/Southend_United.htm[/video]

Still got my first ever SUFC shirt, the blue Elonex Shirt, around very early 90's

My favourite shirt is the one after, which was the blue Corvette shirt with the polo neck collars. Still fits me, ish

Snr.

oh yes,

Forgot to say, i really really really, hated the one after the corvette shirt, and that was the one with the custard splat across the front of it, oh man, that was an unlucky shirt for Southend that year, was that the year that the new South stand opened up,

ahh! hated that as well, ***** shirt, ***** stand,

Snr.

I owned the Bukta one in original pic - my first shirt.
My fave? Either the plain (with a scrawly S.U.F.C) 71-72 promotion shirt because the team was amazing - or same as OBL, the 1976/77 kit.

Still like the old navy blue strip which we were stopped from using ,because it was almost black and clashed with the ref

Back