• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite football ground?

Shrimp Curry

Youth Team
Apologies if there has been a thread like this in the past but I went to Milan recently and took in a game at the San Siro and all I can say is wow! The atmosphere and scale of the place has to be seen to be believed, its definately the best ground ive ever been to and I have been to nearly a hundred including Anfield, Old Trafford, Wembley etc.... My favourite ground visited with Southend though is probably the Millenium Stadium for obvious reasons :) So what are your favourites?

Apart from Roots Hall (obviously) the stadium I watch football in over here, Suncorp Stadium, is pretty amazing. A 50k odd capacity, fans close to the pitch and the facilities for fans are just top notch. There really isn't a bad seat in the place and you can get a beer or something to eat so easily and with an open concourse you can still see the match as you're doing it.

suncorp-stadium-inecita-2-761377.jpg

On a more old school basis I used to love the old Sunderland ground, Roker Park. A proper old ground in amongst terrace houses - and we always used to win there too!

Suprised you say that as went to San Siro a few years ago and whilst it was vast wasnt really impressed with it as a stadium - Lacked facilities.

The best ever in my book is the Allianz Area in Munich - Most amazing stadium ever.

Went to Germany for the world cup and entered some random ballot while we were out there for tickets. Seven of us in our mini-bus and we were all graced by god and were lucky enough to get allocated tickets.

It was a random ballot - We werent expecting to get England but we kind of hoped to get Spain, France, Brazil etc....But no it was better than that - Saudi Arabia vs Tunisia - Thank you lord........!!!!! £55 of my money I can never get back.....

Still the stadium was amazing. Escalators, various restraunts, beer on tap and no queues. Really amazing stadium. Transport straight out the stadium and into central munich - all for one Euro each.

Having had years of fat bald northern stewards have grown to hate them but they even think of that out there. We had two blonde stewards who were stunners. Arranged to meet them later for a drink but they never showed...Obviosuly lessers.....

Still a stadium the likes of which I will never see again - Unless I go back to it of course.

Suprised you say that as went to San Siro a few years ago and whilst it was vast wasnt really impressed with it as a stadium - Lacked facilities.

The best ever in my book is the Allianz Area in Munich - Most amazing stadium ever.

Went to Germany for the world cup and entered some random ballot while we were out there for tickets. Seven of us in our mini-bus and we were all graced by god and were lucky enough to get allocated tickets.

It was a random ballot - We werent expecting to get England but we kind of hoped to get Spain, France, Brazil etc....But no it was better than that - Saudi Arabia vs Tunisia - Thank you lord........!!!!! £55 of my money I can never get back.....

Still the stadium was amazing. Escalators, various restraunts, beer on tap and no queues. Really amazing stadium. Transport straight out the stadium and into central munich - all for one Euro each.

Having had years of fat bald northern stewards have grown to hate them but they even think of that out there. We had two blonde stewards who were stunners. Arranged to meet them later for a drink but they never showed...Obviosuly lessers.....

Still a stadium the likes of which I will never see again - Unless I go back to it of course.

lol, the upside of going to an all-muslim football match!

In the football league Id probably go with Coventry.. Steps are a bit too steep though ! Other than that Millenium stadium

Layer Road was a proper football ground for a **** team too...They even saw Che Wilson score there too :D

I liked Old Trafford... want to get along to the Emirates, which is apparently really nice

Depends on what you're looking for of course. I enjoyed being at Hereford's ground for example but that was a one-off for me. I imagine if I was a home fan going there 20-odd times a season I'd be sick of the place.

Likewise, sometimes you can enjoy the majesty of a huge ground like the Millennium, but smaller, cosier, grounds have an appeal too. So...

'Big' grounds (40,000+):

Millennium Stadium
Santiago Bernabeu - Real Madrid
La Bombonera - Boca Juniors
Jose Alvalade - Sporting CP (Lisbon)
Goodison Park - Everton

'Little' grounds (under 40,000):

Meadow Lane, Notts County
Craven Cottage - Fulham
Griffin Park - Brentford
Whaddon Road - Cheltenham
Aggborough - Kidderminster

Depends on what you're looking for of course. I enjoyed being at Hereford's ground for example but that was a one-off for me. I imagine if I was a home fan going there 20-odd times a season I'd be sick of the place.

Likewise, sometimes you can enjoy the majesty of a huge ground like the Millennium, but smaller, cosier, grounds have an appeal too. So...

'Big' grounds (40,000+):

Millennium Stadium
Santiago Bernabeu - Real Madrid
La Bombonera - Boca Juniors
Jose Alvalade - Sporting CP (Lisbon)
Goodison Park - Everton

'Little' grounds (under 40,000):

Meadow Lane, Notts County
Craven Cottage - Fulham
Griffin Park - Brentford
Whaddon Road - Cheltenham
Aggborough - Kidderminster

Surely no sane person can like Griffin Park - Its a dump as is the place and we always loose there...Only plus side is there are four crap pubs at the four crap corners of each end.

I like the one from Mexico '86 with the spirally shadow on the pitch.

If Ron is reading this how about something similar at the new stadium?

I like the one from Mexico '86 with the spirally shadow on the pitch.

If Ron is reading this how about something similar at the new stadium?

On the subject of shadows, wasn't there a stadium in Germany during the championships which had a screen hub erected over the pitch that casted a god awful shadow on the playing surface? That was horrendous.

Back