• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite football ground?

Thats the one...

_41749986_stadium_afp416.jpg

Yeh thats right.
England played at that stadium, can't remember who against. Paul Robinson drop kicked the ball and it hit the hub thing in the middle. I think it had TVs on it. :S

From a Southend perspective then it's Anfield and The Millennium Stadium.

From watching football then Hampden Park before it's modernisation, and I really like the Emirates.

My favourite grounds are,
New wembley simply the best
white hart lane,great atmosphere
cockcoo farm,because we're never lost there

Worst grounds,
Upton park **** hole
Birdbrain rd **** hole

Out of the grounds i have been to the top three i would say are in this order.

1. Millenium Stadium
2. Hampden Park
3. Nou Camp
(the new wembley would be on there but havent been there yet)

Having been unable to attend many Blues games lately (:'(:() I can't really see beyond our beloved Roots Hall, Oh how I miss it. There's no other place like it as far as I'm concerned, the sights, the smells, the Roots Hall Roar, the fans, the team in Blue.

(Although if forced to name another favourite stadium I'd have to go :offtopic:and say Wrigley Field home of Chicago Cubs.)

Apologies if there has been a thread like this in the past but I went to Milan recently and took in a game at the San Siro and all I can say is wow! The atmosphere and scale of the place has to be seen to be believed, its definately the best ground ive ever been to and I have been to nearly a hundred including Anfield, Old Trafford, Wembley etc.... My favourite ground visited with Southend though is probably the Millenium Stadium for obvious reasons :) So what are your favourites?

Strange choice. The San Siro is worth a visit and the atmosphere can be good depending on who is playing but it is far from the standard of modern stadia. It is pretty much bereft of facilities. Most Italian football grounds are interesting rather than especially good.

White Hart Lane, will be a shame when it gets turned into a new ground, much better as a try hard "new" ground in a **** area.

Southend Manors Southchurch Park Arena
Huge capacity - 200
Close to pitch
Great football played there
Fantastic floodlights
Can't find a pic I'm afraid

Best ground I've been to realistically is probably the new Wembley. Stunning ground. I did the tour at the Bernabau recently and would love to see a match there, though.

Best seeing Southend would probably be the Liberty. I think that's everything a new stadium for a Club our size should be.

Obviously the MillStad was pretty special too.

For me it has to be Roots Hall. Most of the games I have seen have been at that ground. I will shed a tear when its brought down.

Apart from Southend, my favourite 3 would have to be:

1) New Wembley
2) Santiago Bernabeu
3) Emirates

Just missing out on that list is the Millenium Stadium.

In the football league Id probably go with Coventry.. Steps are a bit too steep though ! Other than that Millenium stadium

Layer Road was a proper football ground for a **** team too...They even saw Che Wilson score there too :D

Ricoh stadium? *shivers* uuugh.Concrete bowl.

Chesterfield's Saltergate, get me back on those steps! Decent beer and barmaids down the road, a proper day out.

Strange choice. The San Siro is worth a visit and the atmosphere can be good depending on who is playing but it is far from the standard of modern stadia. It is pretty much bereft of facilities. Most Italian football grounds are interesting rather than especially good.

I think it was the awe and sense of occasion I felt when walking into the ground that appealed to me rather than the actual stadium itself if you know what I mean. Plus it was AC vs Roma and the rivalry is fierce which made for an outstanding atmosphere.

The millenium stadium is a good one. So's the new wembley which I'm going to for the third time on saturday. I also like Villareals estadio el Madrigal is a nice ground.
Madrigal.jpg

The old Wembley is by far the best!! Can't beat the twin towers..
And Rushden & diamonds only cos they do the best burger ever... The Diamond burger!!!

Back