• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite football ground?

I would say the new Wembley is quite impressive:
wembley30_468x289.jpg

Also can be seen like this:
WembleyPitchGET_468x294.jpg

Join the campaign to stop other events ruining the Wembley pitch!

Football stadiums in no particular order, New Wembley, Kilmarnock's Rugby Park, Elland Road, Melbourne Cricket Ground (they have played football there!)

Whisper it quietly, but in terms of the actual stadium, I thought Ibrox was better!

Both magnificent stadiums but I think Celtic Park has the edge and remains my favourite of the 250 or so I have been to. I think the noise inside is louder than at Ibrox and from the outside I think the entire stadium looks impressive whereas it is only the main stand at Rangers that draws the eye but is difficult to stand back and admire because of a road.

Of the smaller grounds, I like Torquay best because it is actually a very good ground for what it is plus it has a pub under one of the stands which is great save for an annoying step between the bar and the toilets which caught me out 3 seasons in a row.

Non-league wise, I like Hayes because it has plenty of terracing and a cosy little stand (and Gary Brabin got sent off when I was there) and Matlock for the view from the home end (a cricket pitch and a hill with an old castle on top)

I would say the new Wembley is quite impressive:
wembley30_468x289.jpg

Also can be seen like this:
WembleyPitchGET_468x294.jpg

Join the campaign to stop other events ruining the Wembley pitch!

I agree wembley, still 15 places left for the England v Slovakia game on a coach this:cool: saturday £55 adult, £45 child. coach and ticket to game.contact colin 07711919568. details on pub talk.

Non-league wise, I like Hayes because it has plenty of terracing and a cosy little stand (and Gary Brabin got sent off when I was there) and Matlock for the view from the home end (a cricket pitch and a hill with an old castle on top)
Yeah I quite liked Hayes ground good bit of terracing, pity they only get crowds of 300 max even though they merged with Yeading F.C. Just shows you that if you merge two clubs together that before the merger between them probably averaged 600, not all will go & support the new team.

If you like non-leage terraces hop along to Hitchin's ground thats not bad either.

Macclesfield but probably for the town rather than the ground. Had some good times with some good friends there.

'Stade Velodrome,' Marseille- very unusual shape to it. Saw England there in France '98 v Tunisia with BarnaBlue and our mate who is also a rare breeed, ie a Blues fan out here in the wild West. Agree with many of the posters who opt for the ramshackle old grounds ahead of the corporate, out-of-town stadiums. I have good memories of Turf Moor too, being up there the day after we won promotion at Stockport in '87, when Burnley had to win to stay in the League. Great atmosphere, something extra special about one of the founder members of the League fighting to retain their League status the first year automatic relegation when being 92nd came in.
ps a special mention for Torquay too... friendly social club with wholesome grub and fans who call every away away team bar Plymouth "dirty Northern b******s."

Last edited:
Back