• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite memories of the Zone.

1537106583484.jpeg
I think I saw a report on BBC news about replacing a huge bridge in Sheffield (I think) where they used the above to position this multi-million tonne bridge into place. Also gets fridges out of sticky situations.

:Hilarious::ROFL: Love that!
Hehe. My greatest work!

It’s hard concentrating on reserve games sometimes. Says something about the dead atmosphere, that you can spend a minute faffing on the Zone and not even resonate the change in atmosphere when the oppo smashes one in. Might just as well have been an undisputed goalkick!

I gotta own it though! :Madhouse::Dim:

....when a poster called Steveo told me I was pompous because I'd used facts to disprove his weary right wing rhetoric...

He's vanished. Didn't agree with him at all politically but his story about the spring flowing through his house was pure gold.

Hehe. My greatest work!

It’s hard concentrating on reserve games sometimes. Says something about the dead atmosphere, that you can spend a minute faffing on the Zone and not even resonate the change in atmosphere when the oppo smashes one in. Might just as well have been an undisputed goalkick!

I gotta own it though! :Madhouse::Dim:

I think all the other posters were just having you on Hank, Must of ended 2-2!

He's vanished. Didn't agree with him at all politically but his story about the spring flowing through his house was pure gold.

Ha! I'd forgotten about that one. Gold indeed. Between that and your fridge maybe we've missed our calling in being a football board and should be about DIY and home repairs instead?

Ha! I'd forgotten about that one. Gold indeed. Between that and your fridge maybe we've missed our calling in being a football board and should be about DIY and home repairs instead?

Jeez, yeah I' d forgotten that one as well. I've searched and searched and I can't find that series of posts.

Ha, it'd end up like....

1537191401083.jpeg
3296 × 2472 - blog.ipleaders.in

Napster's also unearthed the beginnings of Slipperduke's SZ novella....we've had some great moments on the Zone!

The PB diaries, I lost count of the number times I spat my lunch over my keyboard reading those. The Xmas one with Anton as the snowman probably being the best.

BTW what’s happened to Andy T, haven’t seen him post for a while

The PB diaries, I lost count of the number times I spat my lunch over my keyboard reading those. The Xmas one with Anton as the snowman probably being the best.

BTW what’s happened to Andy T, haven’t seen him post for a while

The Xmas one is below. As for @AndyT he hasn't paid us a visit since June. Maybe other things in life have taken over?

Friday 15th December 2017

It's been a sad week, as I have to report the passing of me snowman - Ferdy. I calls him that, as he didnae move for three days, fell over and then melted away. Just left a carrot and a twig lying there forlornly on me grass. It kind of signified how I've been feeling lately, I haves to say.

But, I'm back on the game again and looking forward to tomorrow's match as it's me old mate CW McCall's side that are coming to town. Of course, CW wrote that song about a convoy back in the 70's. Loves telling me all aboot it, he does. How he made loads of money and all that, singing aboot Chicken Coops, Bears and Rubber Ducks. Tell yer the truth, I donnae know what he's going on aboot. I wasnae interested in that there CB radio when I were a lad. Had better things to do with me time, like hanging oot at Roxanne's nightclub oop there on the Ocean Road. Yer now, just along from The Glitter Ball there in South Shields. Met me first lass there. Remember it well. It were old Rita Graydon from the Wallsend Estate. Champion times. The DJ had said he was gonna play me favourite from Saturday Night Fever so I asks her to dance as I thoughts it were gonna be "How deep is yer love" but he only went and played "Disco Inferno" so I had to show off me John Travolta moves. Made Rita laugh it did and I'd won her over. Maybe I should have learned from all that and gone for the entertaining route more often.

I tells yer all this because I noticed on that Shrimpermoan that they were talking aboot their first ever matches and it was Rita I took to me first game the following day. A 0-0 draw at home to Hereford United. Bored senseless I were and so was she. Not a shot on goal and it were freezing cold. August it was. But all that great defending got me reet into football and I've never looked back. Sadly me and Rita parted company when I suggested our second date was a trip to Carlisle for the day. She must've looked oop the fixtures. Canny lass, she were.

Anyway, where am I going with all this, eh? .. I donnae know meself, to be brutally honest, so I'll bring us back oop to date.

Sheffield United have upped their bid for Lenny by another £50.00 and Chris Wilder has promised to put a good word in for me when the Sheffield Wednesday job comes oop, so I says that's good enough for me. Sadly, it were good enough for Ron, as well, so I thinks we might be saying goodbye to a valued member of the set-up here .. and Lenny, as well!

I guess you've all heard that Cokes is back and raring to go. To tell yer the truth, his leg is still in plaster and he can barely walk, but I think i'll put him in the team ahead of Henders! .. Tough, I know, but difficult decisions need to be made.

Well, I better be off as I need to inspect the pitch for tomorrow. I'm told it's been massively improved since the last game and shouldnae cut up for at least the first 6 minutes!
Keep the faith! :happy:

Back