• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite memories of the Zone.

The Dawn to Dusk football match.....don't remember too much about it, but do remember making umpteen desserts for the end of the marathon!

There is quite a few threads about that day @OldBlueLady in the search bar.... I can remember myself and the late (RIP) Ian Walker keeping the locals at bay when they came to "Play football" at about 5-30am moaning at us for making to much noise.

In those days we had about 4 SZFC teams. RIP SZFC to.

It was a GREAT day and raised a huge amount for @The Flying Scotsman charity choice. :Smile2:

https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/szfc-sunrise-to-sunset-charity-match.50276/

Last edited:
Not sure why you're posting all the cartoon strips @Rootshallbloke, blatant attempt at like gatherings perhaps?!!! Surely better to just link to the Chocolate Orange thread so people can just look through the whole thread?

This thread is about favourite memories, the cartoon strips, if you were picking out just one to suit a specific purpose would be fine, but not posting EVERY single one in order - SBH has already had the likes for them!

That's my opinion anyway!

Not sure why you're posting all the cartoon strips @Rootshallbloke, blatant attempt at like gatherings perhaps?!!! Surely better to just link to the Chocolate Orange thread so people can just look through the whole thread?

This thread is about favourite memories, the cartoon strips, if you were picking out just one to suit a specific purpose would be fine, but not posting EVERY single one in order - SBH has already had the likes for them!

That's my opinion anyway!
All the cartoons in the original thread are no longer there, but here's the link to Facebook which has them in.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Adventures-of-Chocolate-Orange-1376861362570242/

The PB Diaries by AndyT were always a belly laughing good read. I think we all read them in our minds with a geordie accent.

Talking of AndyT.....I wonder where he is these days?... haven't seen him on here for ages.

Last edited:
All the cartoons in the original thread are no longer there, but here's the link to Facebook which has them in.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Adventures-of-Chocolate-Orange-1376861362570242/

That's a shame, they were an excellent bit of creative input from SBH.

The PB Diaries by AndyT were always a belly laughing good read. I think we all read them in our minds with a geordie accent.

Talking of AndyT.....I wonder where he is these days?... haven't seen him on here for ages.

Yes, they were great - someome posted something similar about Andy T the other day and I think it was said he'd not been on since about June...I've not seen him at Roots Hall either so I do hope everything is ok with him.

The Xmas one is below. As for @AndyT he hasn't paid us a visit since June. Maybe other things in life have taken over?

Just logged on and the above was in my alerts, so thank you for the above messages. All is good here. I do miss PB though. Always good value!

Yes, cricket took over and then business, so I've not been down to RH yet, but planning to for the next couple of games.

Hope everyone's been playing nicely! :Thumbs up:

Just logged on and the above was in my alerts, so thank you for the above messages. All is good here. I do miss PB though. Always good value!

Yes, cricket took over and then business, so I've not been down to RH yet, but planning to for the next couple of games.

On here or at Roots Hall Andy?

:Smile: Both!

I nearly went to the Oxford game. Think it might have put me off for the season!

Still, sounds like we are playing well. Looking forward to seeing them in action.

It wasn't that long ago but liked the little phase on the film thread where a few posters started putting the number of black people that were in the film at the end of their review.

This was a response to TUIB (Barna) making a point about not enough black people being in a certain film and a few people taking the mickey after. Fair play to TUIB he does get taken the mickey out of a lot on here and takes it in good spirit.

For some reason it really tickled me when people were counting the number Black people In films just to take the mick out of TUIB

Thought you had moved to Swindon? :Smile:

It wasn't that long ago but liked the little phase on the film thread where a few posters started putting the number of black people that were in the film at the end of their review.

This was a response to TUIB (Barna) making a point about not enough black people being in a certain film and a few people taking the mickey after. Fair play to TUIB he does get taken the mickey out of a lot on here and takes it in good spirit.

For some reason it really tickled me when people were counting the number Black people In films just to take the mick out of TUIB

Was Zulu one of the films? ?

Back