• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite Poster on SZ

J

The Chameleon
Let's be positive for once..

mine is:

trueblue always a fountain of wisdom and i like his' "in your face" attitude..

and then smiffy, always love reading his' posts.. always intellectual and very true..

my last has to be: Xabiá shrimper, always quotes something off the internet or a piece of religous text, to back ludicrous claims..

and DtS

always cheers up my day when i read any of his' posts..

Depends what I want really

Comedy wise I go in no order:
N Zamba Ledgend,Mad Cyril, Slipperduke, CC Csiders.

Opinion wise I nealy always agree with
Richard Cadette,Andy S, Neil, East Stand Blue,Smiffy

Joining in with my bollox post and making them work:
Smudger,MtS, SUFC in prem, Doris Stokes,

Fishing wise I go
CS J all day

In terms of family members that post I have to go for
Dad of Dave the Shrimper

Slipperduke and C C Csiders - both f%&king hilarious
laugh.gif

I definitely have groups that are broadly funny people, well-reasoned people and people who don't interest me at all.

In terms of singling people out, the duel act of DtS and Slipperduke would have to take a joint honour I think. It's almost like Slipperduke is a safe full of hilarious stories and the only person with the combination is DtS and his polls.

That's in the funny stakes of course. I couldn't possibly say in the serious stakes or else there'd never be another sensible discussion.

Creditable mention to the memory of steveh19420 who must have made me laugh out loud with at least 2000 of his many thousnad posts. He's not dead, as far as I know though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 19 2006,14:29)]Creditable mention to the memory of steveh19420 who must have made me laugh out loud with at least 2000 of his many thousnad posts.  He's not dead, as far as I know though.
Was still playing for SZFC last season. Not sure why doesn't post anymore, but remembering his humour on his original SZ-ID it would not surprise me if he posted under something different these days....

As already stated Slipperduke and DtS definitely in the pub section!

I also think Jonny Stokes is quite amusing too, whatever anyone else says. Orient were our temporary rivals while we were stuck in the basement leagues. Ten years time we will be asking who the hell are Orient anyway!

Often agree with XS in the pub section and obviously the stato on the main boards when facts rather than opinions are often required to clear things up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 19 2006,16:07)]ORM

and

FM13
Oy ! I may spout total bollox most of the time but surely I don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.
tounge.gif

If only I'd realised this was a popularity contest when I signed up 3-1/2 years ago.
smile.gif

It's hard to say who my favourite posters are but I can confirm that the list of people I really cannot abide on here wouldn't cover the digits on a hand missing three fingers.

Most of the regulars on here have their strengths and weaknesses and this place is constantly being enriched by new blood. I respect anyone that recognises the right of people to take an opposite view and I also respect those that stick their hands up and admit when they have got things wrong.

CSJ - Always fishing and always uses that old chestnut when he is in a hole!

Smiffy - Full of chatter has nothing better to do I suppose

XS - Mike has a great dry wit which is always refreshing!

DTS - Always love hearing about his adventures of him and his friends

I have been ruminating on this for a couple of days, and my vote goes to Matt the Shrimp, as he reminds me of me, except richer.

Honourable mentions to Slipperduke (who makes me laugh out loud), Naps and XS plus a host of others. Oh, and DtS
love.gif

Vange_Shrimper will be on the list the moment she stops texting me after every Orient loss. So she's texting me a lot, the little moo.
mad.gif

J_S

Got to be Dts and Slipperduke for humour. Their stories especially those involving previous conquests on the female front are top notch.

On a serious front I always find Matt the Shrimp makes a good point.

I always wonder how some of you guys rack up so many posts...i got warned about being on here too much whilst on my uni placement year so god knows what your employers say to you lol!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ Sep. 21 2006,19:56)]I always wonder how some of you guys rack up so many posts...i got warned about being on here too much whilst on my uni placement year so god knows what your employers say to you lol!
Me too

biggrin.gif

That, in fact, was when I joined SZ. I don't think I would have posted so much if we were still an average L2 side though, to be fair.

Back