• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite pre-match aperitif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Feb. 26 2004,09:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hamstring @ Feb. 22 2004,14:49)]alcohol is but a choice to drink in a pub or clubhouse, not a necessity.  
smile.gif
whats the point of going to the pub then? Might as well stay at home to drink soft drinks........
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Which is what I do if me little un's coming along....</span>

Horses for courses&#33; Depends on the weather, at the start or end of the season when the sun is shining there&#39;s nothing better that sitting outside the pub with an ice cold lager.
In the winter you can&#39;t beat a nice pint of bitter or Guinness inside a cosy warm pub.

Right now I fancy a pint of Fosters down the Slug &amp; Lettuce&#33;
cool.gif

The point of pubs is to see your mates, which is where public house is derived from. If your sole intention is drinking alcohol, you may as well go to the off-licence and stay in.

But, of course, getting pis.sed out of your head is such a great thing as it makes you one of the lads and in no way moronic or a statement of such a lack of self-confidence that you need alcohol to feel comfortable.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Feb. 26 2004,13:11)]The point of pubs is to see your mates, which is where public house is derived from.  If your sole intention is drinking alcohol, you may as well go to the off-licence and stay in.  

But, of course, getting pis.sed out of your head is such a great thing as it makes you one of the lads and in no way moronic or a statement of such a lack of self-confidence that you need alcohol to feel comfortable.
Do you not drink either then? As well as Hamstring?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Feb. 26 2004,13:11)]The point of pubs is to see your mates, which is where public house is derived from.  If your sole intention is drinking alcohol, you may as well go to the off-licence and stay in.  

The point of the pub is too get away from the house in my point of view, and a few turps goes down well especially after a hard day or week at the office.

It is a stress release and sitting at home with a few cans just isnt the same and a big group of you down the pub getting w***ered and talking bollox.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hamstring @ Feb. 22 2004,14:49)]Diet Coke / Diet Pepsi.

Don't need alcohol to say and do stupid things.    
wink.gif
I'm with Hamstring there - invariably a soft drink for me, although occasionally a pint of bitter (e.g. a Spitfire at the Spread).

Since going to Roots Hall is invariably about catharsis and suffering as opposed to enjoyment or entertainment, I find that I cannot get the full "benefit" of the experience unless I am wholly or mostly sober.

But then I'm a strange sort, I suppose...

wink.gif

Matt

Back