• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite Southend shop.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
My favourite Southend shop is Music King which is on the London road opposite Chalkwell park.

F*** knows how they make a profit though.

This is closely followed by The Kings off licence in Hamlet Court road.

Anyone else got any favourites?

Last edited:
My favourite Southend shop is Music King which is on the London road opposite Chalkwell park.

F*** knows how they make a profit though.

Anyone else got a favourite?

When I saw the thread title Music King was the first shop I thought of!

army and navy surplus stores, london road, westcliff...monkey business music, southchurch road, southend.

There's an Indian shop near Argosy Toys that's brilliant - with an in-house butchers, a handful of chilies for 5p, and every spice you could possibly need. Also, 2.5kg of spuds for 80p. My favourite for food shopping.

Rosehills used to be good and cheap in the 70's.

I also like the shop on Alexandra street that is now Zebedee Zhop.

I used to buy my Campri ski jackets there in the 80s.

Used to love Keddies - posh stuff upstairs, a decent coffee lounge and a bargain basement. Now, don't know, Southend's a bit soulless - the club shop perhaps?!

Surprised nobody has mentioned the club shop!

Personally, I think Havens or Ravens are both good for gifts. You can get some decent clobber in Ravens too.

Not to mention the freaky orange clown.

This one?

SalvotheClown.jpg

Back