• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite World Cup Advert?

chapperzUK

So, everyone will be getting behind England for the World Cup and hyping up our chances of winning it, but what is your favourite advert?

These are the ones I've seen so far.

Carlsberg - The one going down the tunnel with England greats in it and the Lion at the end.
The Sun(?) - Terry Venables singing and then someone stands next to him at the end (I've seen Harry Redknapp and Ian Wright.
Mars - Can't remember, says it all really.

I thought the Carlsberg one was excellent and the best by a mile.

The Sun's advert with Venables, which they openly profess as "the best advert EVER", makes me lose faith in humanity. The Pringles adverts are rubbish, the Pepsi Max one is irritating and the others are all much of a muchness.

The only two are the Sony advert and the Carlsberg one.

Do you remember Spain '82 World Cup and the Coca Cola ad campaign that ran throughout? It was of a kid doing bakk skills. He was tipped to be the next big thing.

Wonder what ever happened to him. Cant find any footage of it anywhere and when I mention to people, I get met with more blank stares than usual.

The Carlsberg advert is truly brilliant, it has all our real world beaters in there and a few funnies like Tubes from soccer am and Jeff Stelling but the bit that got me is the "do it for bobby" bit that nearly made me cry 1st time i saw it. For me that is a brilliant if not the best advert ive ever seen.

I wonder how the Danish feel about us adopting there lager lol are there adverts in denmark that good?

Do you remember Spain '82 World Cup and the Coca Cola ad campaign that ran throughout? It was of a kid doing bakk skills. He was tipped to be the next big thing.

Wonder what ever happened to him. Cant find any footage of it anywhere and when I mention to people, I get met with more blank stares than usual.

This kid for the Mcdonalds advert for the 1994 World Cup was tipped for big things as well......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrqiFBJ7Np4

Did anybody else spot the Southend Flag in the new Coca-Cola world cup advert?

Back