• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC - Final Match

MrB

Life President
Strawberry Hill v ShrimperZone CC

After last week's excellent win we need just three points to secure promotion to the Championship. We travel to the bottom placed team who are already relegated so it should be a formality however, despite mass PFL issues, it's a full strength team. Friday's OD game is largely irrelevant as we're playing the unbeaten leaders and can't finish lower than 4th anyway.

Slow pitch so even if disaster occurs with the bat, we should be able to bowl them out eventually.

Any other big games today?

Mine isn't important. At all. But fitness is pretty good, bar Deane and as this is the last week, im at 90%! Im 3rd and play 2nd and can neither be promoted or relegated!

Welcome to Kamikaze Kricket CG for the match between Kamikaze Kricket and General Stars.
We can tell you that General Stars won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this sunny day.

End of Over 36 (5 runs). General Stars: 93-2, runrate=2.58
Overs left today: 74
Naylor 7-1-22-0
Sookram* 7 (9 balls)
Browne 49 (109 balls)

Last Wicket: Cavanagh c. Hicks b. Singh lali 12 (FOW: 75/2)

First batting point attained and a ton up for Richie. 72 more runs needed for promotion.

End of Over 54 (4 runs). ShrimperZone CC: 208-2, runrate=3.85
Overs left today: 56
Charl 11-2-35-0
Cunningham* 100 (162 balls)
Sandile 14 (21 balls)

Last Wicket: Lamey c. Woods b. Munroe 74 (FOW: 172/2)

Promoted! Also notice that with Sibusiso playing I forgot to put Wanless in the line up which is a bit stupid as he's my only Sublime first teamer!!

End of Over 80 (2 runs). ShrimperZone CC: 289-5, runrate=3.61
Overs left today: 30
Charl 17-2-48-2
Sibusiso* 6 (20 balls)
Benjamin 2 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Cunningham c. Barry b. Charl 149 (FOW: 287/5)

I have a big game. Win and I join Muse and B back in the County Championship.

How am I doing?

I would say that's a decent start.

End of Over 11 (3 runs). Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI: 30-0, runrate=2.73
Trail by 151 runs. (The Flying Ferrets 181-10)
Overs left today: 24
Olowe 6-0-9-0
Griffith* 16 (28 balls)
Holt 14 (38 balls)

Would be impressive to have 3 of you guys in the top league!!

I've won a good toss as bowling conditions will arrive tomorrow so will declare overnight...

End of Over 102 (Maiden, 2b). General Stars: 393-5, runrate=3.85
Overs left today: 8
Nelson 25-5-58-2
Johnson* 0 (9 balls)
Sookram 161 (186 balls)

Last Wicket: Raven Run Out 64 (FOW: 384/5)

Bowled out my oppo for 173, and am 191-3 overnight. Better bowling conditions today so declaring earlier than usual at 360 to get more overs at them later today.

Good luck YB. Would be great having 3 of us in the top division.

GAMBERO IN ADMINISTRATION SHOCKER!

Manager Ex-Chairman Mao is currently relaxing in France so I logged in to organise his friendly to be met with the bankruptcy warning. Alas his policy of not buying any players and a totally hands off managerial style has resulted in his existing player's wages spiralling to an unsustainable level for a Level IV team through constant training of first teamers.

So the administrators have been called in and their first task is to sell off one of the highest earners to try and save the club, if someone has the cash to kick off the bidding at £2m it would be muchly appreciated, player code is 857901.

That will see him through for a while but he has three other £100k+ earners so the wolves will be at the door again soon!

Largely irrelevant now but a decent start to their innings, a win would be nice to ensure as big a crowd as possible for the final home game tomorrow.

End of Over 21 (2 runs). Strawberry Hill: 41-3, runrate=1.95
Trail by 323 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 364-6 dec)
Overs left today: 97
Marriott 3-0-9-0
Gill* 7 (52 balls)
Curtlin 10 (21 balls)

Last Wicket: Tau c. Barrowdale b. Digana 19 (FOW: 24/3)

We're BOT bashing this week, could have finished 1st but the leaders have picked up the 5 points they required.

10/08/2010 BATTY SHRIMPERS v Bilston Mastodons

Bilston Mastodons have resumed their innings.

Pitch: Cracked

End of Over 31 (4 runs, 1lb). Bilston Mastodons: 54-4, runrate=1.74 (1st Inn: 66-10)
Trail by 242 runs. (BATTY SHRIMPERS 362-3 dec)
Overs remaining today: 82
Carroll 1-0-4-0
Sterling* 6 (25 balls)
Lodge 8 (14 balls)

Last Wicket: Beattir b. Botha 5 (FOW: 38/4)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB won her division 2 weeks ago, so is playing her reserves whilst she tries to secure a top 4 finish in OD.

DIBS DIPPERS v Victoria Park CC

DIBS DIPPERS have resumed their innings.

Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 30 (1 runs). DIBS DIPPERS: 31-5, runrate=1.03 (1st Inn: 18-10)
Trail by 321 runs. (Victoria Park CC 370-3 dec)
Overs remaining today: 81
Tzaneen 7-4-3-0
Naidoo* 6 (31 balls)
Willem 0 (9 balls)

Last Wicket: Judd c. Gammon b. Greenacre 2 (FOW: 30/5)

Hopefully get this done today.

End of Over 42 (5 runs). Strawberry Hill: 87-7, runrate=2.07
Trail by 277 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 364-6 dec)
Overs left today: 76
Graham 5-2-13-0
Munroe* 6 (17 balls)
Charl 4 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Gill c. Marriott b. Barrowdale 27 (FOW: 82/7)

I had a pretty good day yesterday, not only did I put myself in the driving seat for my game, but the team in 2nd only picked up 4 wickets and will really struggle to win from there.

End of Over 40 (1 runs). Kamikaze Kricket: 96-4, runrate=2.40
Trail by 310 runs. (General Stars 406-5 dec)
Overs left today: 70
Mbata 8-2-18-3
Weight* 33 (76 balls)
Singh lali 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Joseph c. Browne b. Mbata 0 (FOW: 96/4)

My hopes of having this done today are fading away as these two go on a mass blocking session.

End of Over 58 (Maiden). Strawberry Hill: 93-9, runrate=1.60
Trail by 271 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 364-6 dec)
Overs left today: 60
Digana 11-5-13-3
Waterhouse* 1 (19 balls)
Woods 2 (35 balls)

Last Wicket: Munroe c. Sibusiso b. Barrowdale 6 (FOW: 89/9)

Great work from my bowlers today!

End of Over 8 (Maiden). Kamikaze Kricket: 15-4, runrate=1.88 (1st Inn: 156-10)
Trail by 235 runs. (General Stars 406-5 dec)
Overs left today: 30
Richardson 4-2-2-4
Weight* 3 (13 balls)
Singh lali 0 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Joseph c. Waters b. Richardson 0 (FOW: 15/4)

Taking a bit longer over the second innings so we'll be back on the pitch tomorrow.

Stubborn batting from the oppo see me still needing 5 wickets tomorrow which is a bit frustrating after having them 4 down so quickly!

Back