• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread FC Halifax Town v Southend United, Tuesday 16th August, 1945ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 83 87.4%
  • Shaun Hobson

• Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 82 86.3%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 77 81.1%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Jaden Crowhurst

• Tom Clifford

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 81 85.3%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 75 78.9%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 47 49.5%
  • Jack Bridge

• Dan Mooney

Votes: 51 53.7%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 77 81.1%
  • Chris Wreh

• Jack Wood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oli Coker

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Henry Sandat

• Win

Votes: 46 48.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • Lose

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Our third chance to get our first win of the season comes on Tuesday night as we make the long trip up to Yorkshire for the second consecutive away game, this one at FC Halifax Town.

The Shaymen finished a creditable 4th last season and we were comprehensively beaten there 3-1 in September last year, but got a narrow 1-0 win in the return fixture at Roots Hall in April.

Halifax have lost a few key players since then Niall Maher (no relation to King Kev as far as I’m aware), Tom Bradbury and Matty Waters have all moved on as has, perhaps most, manager Peter Wild who has gone to Barrow. His assistant, Chris Millington, replaced him but it hasn’t been the best of starts with defeats to Barnet and Torquay and no goals scored.

Obviously we haven’t had the greatest of starts either but there were enough promising signs against Solihull that things are moving in the right direction. Young Jaden Crowhurst made a promising debut and with Gus Scott-Morris yet to be fully fit, Harry Taylor now injured and Demi sitting out the last of his three match suspension seems set to keep his place. Tom Clifford broke his nose and with Lomas getting more minutes under his belt he seems set to come into the back 3 with captain Nathan Ralph switching to the wing back role.

Whether Kev tinkers with the more attacking players remains to be seen, but with injuries and the lack of new signings he doesn’t have a lot of options other than to switch those on the bench on Saturday into the starting line up.

So, who would you pick to start on Tuesday evening and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
Bring it on, Next up v The ShayMen.
What sort of name is that? What is a Shey?
Anyway, 3rd game of season, one narrow loss, one narrow drawn match and you can work the sequence without me jinxing it.
A long trip up but I am hoping for a good trip and a few days in Yorkshire.
Steveeeee seemed good to play Saturday and will start.
My team, pending injury news on Lomas is. Is Taylor going to be on bench? Cliffy okay for bench?
..........................Steve
.........Hobbo, Lomas, Kensdale
Crowhurst,.............................. Ralph (as wing backs)
Miley, .....Fonguck,........ Husin
...........Wreh, .........Powell

Bring it on, Next up v The ShayMen.
What sort of name is that? What is a Shey?
Anyway, 3rd game of season, one narrow loss, one narrow drawn match and you can work the sequence without me jinxing it.
A long trip up but I am hoping for a good trip and a few days in Yorkshire.
Steveeeee seemed good to play Saturday and will start.
My team, pending injury news on Lomas is. Is Taylor going to be on bench? Cliffy okay for bench?
..........................Steve
.........Hobbo, Lomas, Kensdale
Crowhurst,.............................. Ralph (as wing backs)
Miley, .....Fonguck,........ Husin
...........Wreh, .........Powell

They play at the Shay Stadium - not to be confused with the Shea Stadium which is somewhat grander. I made my first visit in 1973 just after we scored 5, two days running, against Port Vale and Chesterfield. We lost 2-1 at Halifax…..

Apparently the ground is built on the site of a former council rubbish tip - there’s a coincidence!

Last edited:
Have just watched the national league goals on bt and the Halifax pitch looks terrible after one game it was cutting up everywhere , so don’t think Kevin Maher will be happy when he sees the state it’s in .

Cracking result Saturday, two days to go before we go again and this is only the 6th post on the game. I reckon I'm going to have to go to SZ HQ and give @Cricko a less than playful shove in the chest and then run away, obviously filming the whole thing on my head cam and then posting it in this thread. That should get a few more pre-match comments.:Winking:

If it ain't broke don't fix it, so the XI that finished on Saturday starts again on Tuesday for me. (assuming knocks and injuries allow)

Arnold

Crowhurst Hobson Kensdale Lomas Ralph(C)

Husin Fonguck Miley

Powell Wreh​

Subs: Andeng Ndi Sandat Mooney Taylor Bridge

Last edited:
If it ain't broke don't fix it, so the XI that finished on Saturday starts again on Tuesday for me. (assuming knocks and injuries allow)

Arnold

Husin Fonguck Miley

Powell Wreh​

We only need 10?

Last edited by a moderator:
Arnold

Husin Fonguck Miley

Powell Wreh

No Miley ? Is he injured or forgotten ?

Last edited by a moderator:
If Lomas is fit to start then he comes in for Cliffy who drops to the bench. Perhaps he wont be available anyway if he has a broken nose. Ralph moving to LWB. Our left hand side has been a constant issue for a while now, so something needs to change in that regard.

Other than that, the rest picks itself. Perhaps an argument for Moons to return at the expense of Husin or Fonguck, if he is fit enough.

Halifax have had a poor start and we need to be going there looking for 3 points.

If Lomas is fit to start then he comes in for Cliffy who drops to the bench. Perhaps he wont be available anyway if he has a broken nose. Ralph moving to LWB. Our left hand side has been a constant issue for a while now, so something needs to change in that regard.

Other than that, the rest picks itself. Perhaps an argument for Moons to return at the expense of Husin or Fonguck, if he is fit enough.

Halifax have had a poor start and we need to be going there looking for 3 points.
Poor start results wise but Saturdays stats look like they were really unlucky DDE69262-E5EB-4E90-8279-4EE4D3E2701F.jpeg

By all accounts Halifax had all the game but couldn't score on Saturday. Seems like a 0-0 result tomorrow.

Am I right in thinking it is pay on the day only, and cash only?

Ticket news for the game away to FC Halifax Town on Tuesday 16th August.

Supporters will be located in blocks A/B of the main East Stand at the Shay Stadium. Turnstile 16. This is a strictly cash ONLY turnstile.

Cash machines, if required, are located very close to the ground at both the Tesco store and the Esso garage. Admission prices are:-

Adults: £21

Concessions (State pension age): £18

17-12 years old: £9

Under 12’s: £4

Disabled supporters pay admission prices as per their relevant age group. A carer, if required, is admitted free of charge. Please go to Reception for assistance.
Halifax say it would be a big help if the correct money was handed to the turnstile operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back