• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread FC Halifax Town v Southend United, Tuesday 16th August, 1945ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 83 87.4%
  • Shaun Hobson

• Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 82 86.3%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 77 81.1%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Jaden Crowhurst

• Tom Clifford

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 81 85.3%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 75 78.9%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 47 49.5%
  • Jack Bridge

• Dan Mooney

Votes: 51 53.7%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 77 81.1%
  • Chris Wreh

• Jack Wood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oli Coker

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Henry Sandat

• Win

Votes: 46 48.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • Lose

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to the commercial manager as emailed him re parking. Lovely guy who was as helpful as anyone in this league. Had a chat about our starts, he said they have played really well but cant score. I note the stats from Saturday and it confirms what he was saying. It has the potential to be a good game of football. Apparently Torquay were nasty bastards, similar to Boreham Wood which surprised me slightly. Anyway 4 of us travelling up from Billericay, hoping for a win but like Saturday wouldn't be gutted with a draw. Think we need to keep it tight for the first 20-25 mins and build from there

Just spoke to the commercial manager as emailed him re parking. Lovely guy who was as helpful as anyone in this league. Had a chat about our starts, he said they have played really well but cant score. I note the stats from Saturday and it confirms what he was saying. It has the potential to be a good game of football. Apparently Torquay were nasty bastards, similar to Boreham Wood which surprised me slightly. Anyway 4 of us travelling up from Billericay, hoping for a win but like Saturday wouldn't be gutted with a draw. Think we need to keep it tight for the first 20-25 mins and build from there
What’s the situation with parking Jon, is there any at the ground?

Ticket news for the game away to FC Halifax Town on Tuesday 16th August.

Supporters will be located in blocks A/B of the main East Stand at the Shay Stadium. Turnstile 16. This is a strictly cash ONLY turnstile.

Cash machines, if required, are located very close to the ground at both the Tesco store and the Esso garage. Admission prices are:-
They stuck us in that area last season. There seems to be a perfectly good stand behind the goal but that wasn't open.

Why do clubs do this? Pen in fans into as small a place as possible & not use the available space.

I know, I know. It's for our own health & safety. :Facepalm:

If Mooney is fit, he has to start?

No.10 role ahead of Fonguck?
If the pitch is as rough/uneven as has been suggested, then it may well be better to use him from the bench as per Saturday. Absolutely no need o risk his injury recovery unnecessarily.

What’s the situation with parking Jon, is there any at the ground?
Hi mate

Im a blue badge holder so i have organised parking at the ground for £5.00. I dont know if parking is first come first served like Solihull was for non BB. Might be worth emailing the club. they came back to me within 20 minutes. When you go on the website and click on the visiting The Shay there is a stadium contact email. Might be worth trying this route first

I briefly thought about going to this one. Then I worked out its about £60+ in petrol and £135 on on the train, which is outrageous.

Such a shame we cant watch national league games like we can the EFL games.

Going for a 2.0 win Halifax will struggle this season lost there manager plus 6 of there best players from last season.

I'm pretty sure the team should pick itself no?

Arnold
Crowhurst Hobbo Kensdale Lomas Ralph
Husin Miley
Fonguck
Powell Wreh

Subs; Colin, bridge, Mooney, wood, sandat

Other than clifford (dropped either for form or injury) I think the players deserve the to start again that started on saturday.

Maybe 2 games in 3 days is a bit much for Crowhurst (doubt it but just a thought) but after what I'm hearing definitely deserves the shirt.

Have high hopes for Mooney but if he is still struggling a bit with injury we dont need to risk him

Would going to Halifax in the EFL be cheaper then?

Nope, but I could watch every single game away from home with a beer in my hand. Possibly would have done that at Solihull as the drive up was a nightmare and 35c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back