• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC - Match 3

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Me 1st at home to 4th in a match where I should win especially with almost all at sublime. Gone with 4 bowlers and could add a 5th in-game if needed. Weather is confusing me. On my dusty I have Sunny followed by 2 days of partly cloudy & humid. Would you bat or bowl ?

* ORM * said:
Me 1st at home to 4th in a match where I should win especially with almost all at sublime. Gone with 4 bowlers and could add a 5th in-game if needed. Weather is confusing me. On my dusty I have Sunny followed by 2 days of partly cloudy & humid. Would you bat or bowl ?
Definitely bat.

Villain1982 v BATTY SHRIMPERS

We take on the side in 4th today, and we already have a 15 point lead at the top. Oppo looks to be struggling a bit PFL wise, so I wonder if he may throw the game. With that in mind we've rested Lindop, everyone else plays though,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIBS DIPPERS v Huzzershire Nomads CC

Mrs BB takes on the side in 5th, and she has a 17 point lead after the 1st 2 games. Bowlers are not too bad PFL wise (all Energetic), so she's left a couple out, but should have too much batting for the oppo.

ShrimperZone CC v Dobcross

The reigning FC champions (and OD runners up) visit Garon Park, a frighteningly good team (5 players of 190k+) ranked 1 in England and 4 in the world. The manager was going to quit this season but unfortunately decided to keep going!

If I'm going to get anything out of this game I'll need to bat first and even that may not be enough.

Just noticed that of his 10 first teamers, there's a 24yo, a 28yo and everyone else is 30+. No wonder he was thinking about quitting, that's a massive rebuild job!

Toss lost. However Barrowdale gives us a perfect start.

End of Over 2 (Maiden). Dobcross: 0-1, runrate=0.00
Overs left today: 108
Barrowdale 1-1-0-1
Dunn* 0 (6 balls)
Olowe 0 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Iwuajoku b. Barrowdale 0 (FOW: 0/1)

Olowe is the filler player so I expect it to be two down fairly shortly, then the hard work starts.

It's one of the big SZ derbies today, I'm up against Muse and am going to get spanked.

End of Over 6 (Maiden). Dobcross: 13-2, runrate=2.17
Overs left today: 104
Barrowdale 3-2-4-1
Grier* 6 (4 balls)
Dunn 4 (15 balls)

Last Wicket: Olowe b. Digana 1 (FOW: 7/2)

Ok forget it - my opps have thrown the game. Succesive promotion looms already but my batting line up won't be strong enough for VI
You'd be surprised, the standard of the FC leagues is much closer than the OD leagues as they're more spread. I think you'd be ok (and another promotion means you might break into the upper echelons of the SZ rankings, ahead of one of the 'originals' - I'm looking at you Toddy).

Lost the toss, he's not picked the best bowling line-up, but his batting is pretty reasonable down to 5, could be a long day.....

Villain1982 won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 15 (8 runs). Villain1982: 33-0, runrate=2.20
Overs left today: 95
Frazer 1-0-8-0
Eccles* 17 (54 balls)
Masood 16 (36 balls)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good toss for Mrs BB to win.....

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to bat.

End of Over 15 (6 runs). DIBS DIPPERS: 72-0, runrate=4.80
Overs left today: 95
Silcott 1-0-6-0
Tyson* 34 (42 balls)
Carden 33 (48 balls)

End of Over 21 (Maiden, 1b). All Action Rejects: 33-2, runrate=1.57
Overs left today: 89
Allan 2-1-1-0
Goodman* 14 (42 balls)
Goonasena 5 (33 balls)
Last Wicket: Headley c. Perry b. van Niekerk 3 (FOW: 11/2)

Checked and no, all blank.

No further wickets, will be a long day of bowling. Once again it will be a case of seeing if we can bat long enough to force the draw.

End of Over 22 (2 runs). Dobcross: 49-2, runrate=2.23
Overs left today: 88
Benjamin 3-0-15-0
Grier* 26 (49 balls)
Dunn 20 (66 balls)

Last Wicket: Olowe b. Digana 1 (FOW: 7/2)

Hoping to have 55 overs or more to record first ever one day win. They were all sublime at start and two days plus a bot OD should see me perfect for next week, though my opp for that game has already confirmed he will field a weakened team as I rolled over in OD for him. I then have a bot.

Third wicket down and it's the 300k biggie with career averages of 160+ in all three forms of the game (and 64 at International level). Touch!

End of Over 43 (3 runs). Dobcross: 133-3, runrate=3.09
Overs left today: 67
Digana 13-2-35-2
Clegg* 8 (20 balls)
Dunn 52 (134 balls)

Last Wicket: Grier st. Lamey b. Digana 61 (FOW: 110/3)

4 down now, though of course the quicker we get them out, the more time we have to bat for. Their bowlers look pretty formidable. Nonetheless, every bowling point counts so hopefully we can nip get them all out before they reach 360.

End of Over 53 (3 runs). Dobcross: 177-4, runrate=3.34
Overs left today: 57
Benjamin 9-1-40-1
Martyn* 3 (4 balls)
Dunn 73 (165 balls)

Last Wicket: Clegg c. Mcleod b. Benjamin 28 (FOW: 174/4)

Won the toss and with sun due on weds and thurs, its a crucial one to win!!

End of Over 8 (18 runs). General Stars: 34-0, runrate=4.25
Trail by 102 runs. (Kamikaze Kricket 136-10)
Overs left today: 54
Nelson 4-0-21-0
Browne* 7 (21 balls)
Waterhouse 26 (27 balls)

Picked up a couple, got a Quality in next, then we're into the tail....

Villain1982 won the toss and elected to bat.

End of Over 67 (1 run). Villain1982: 202-2, runrate=3.01
Overs left today: 43
Begg 15-2-33-0
Benjamin* 14 (46 balls)
Clement 35 (74 balls)

Last Wicket: Masood c. Evelyn b. Burns 99 (FOW: 169/2)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB doing very well, should have a good go at them tonight.

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to bat.

End of Over 68 (7 runs). DIBS DIPPERS: 339-1, runrate=4.99
Overs left today: 42
Seaby 12-0-56-0
Tyson* 151 (179 balls)
Stride 56 (73 balls)

Last Wicket: Carden b. Probert 125 (FOW: 232/1)

Back