• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC - Match 5

MrB

Life President
Gatley v ShrimperZone CC

Two matches in a row against Gatley, lovely. In Lancashire it's PC&H today and sunny the next two days. Fingers crossed we can actually win the toss for once as Sandy's calling has been awful lately.

Had considered resting all 5 of my bowlers and trying to bat out the draw but with the quality of their bowling it seemed rather unlikely!

BATTY SHRIMPERS v CheesusCC

We lead the division by 37 points and take on the side in 2nd today. Had to rest most of the big guns, as PFl is starting to bite, and I want to give the Cup a go for a couple more weeks. Therefore, we rest all of the bowlers and only Nagga, Polly and Downing of the bats play. We'll lose (unless he throws it), but we'll turn them over next week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

DIBS DIPPERS v Kookaburra CC

Similar situation for Mrs BB, except she's in 3rd place playing the side in 5th. Again she rests all of the bowlers, but most of the bats are fully fit so they play. She could sneak a draw, depends on the toss really...

Toss won, should have a good chance of forcing a draw.

End of Over 1 (Maiden, 4lb). Gatley: 4-0, runrate=4.00
Overs left today: 109
Digana 1-1-0-0
Swartz* 0 (0 balls)
Bissell 0 (6 balls)

Parkway Sports v Southend (5491151)shortcut [Add to MultiView]

Welcome to The Hell Hole for the match between Parkway Sports and Southend.

We can tell you that Parkway Sports won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking slow and low. Tough for everyone. Could be a low scoring match on this partially cloudy and humid day.

Let’s join our team for ball-by-ball commentary.

Bad toss to lose as it's sunny tomorrow. We've lost a wicket already too.

Surprisingly, he won the toss and batted in PC+H / Cracked conditions. Unfortunately, he hasn't thrown the game, so gonna be a lllooonnnggg day in the field, although we've picked up 1 wicket.

CheesusCC won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Cracked

End of Over 12 (4 runs). CheesusCC: 49-1, runrate=4.08
Overs remaining today: 98
McKoy 6-0-23-1
Horstead* 18 (31 balls)
Sam 4 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Zammit b. McKoy 26 (FOW: 45/1)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB's a jammy so-and-so, as her oppo has thrown the game, so she did well to rest a few.

Kookaburra CC won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 12 (4 runs). Kookaburra CC: 17-3, runrate=1.42
Overs remaining today: 98
Higgs 6-3-8-1
Kerr* 0 (11 balls)
Daniel 14 (26 balls)

Last Wicket: Faulds c. Stride b. Naidoo 0 (FOW: 12/3)

2 down but it brings Tait to the crease, 540k of pure batsman.

End of Over 17 (1 run). Gatley: 35-2, runrate=2.06
Overs left today: 93
Digana 9-3-15-2
Tait* 2 (8 balls)
Bissell 15 (54 balls)

Last Wicket: Sayce b. Digana 8 (FOW: 28/2)

Francis Tait (101749)
Battrick Rating: 539,880
Wages: £483,785 p/w

Spinners came on and ******* their usual runs on a cracked top. Even if we get one of these there's another monster batsman to follow, it;s what makes them so hard to beat.

The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 35 (9 runs). Gatley: 131-3, runrate=3.74
Overs left today: 75
Graham 2-0-18-0
Tait* 46 (56 balls)
Eckhoff 47 (41 balls)

Last Wicket: Bissell b. Marriott 20 (FOW: 55/3)

As expected, we're doing a lot of leather chasing....

CheesusCC won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Cracked

End of Over 51 (6 runs). CheesusCC: 283-2, runrate=5.55
Overs remaining today: 59
McKoy 17-0-87-1
Sam* 99 (108 balls)
Crick 62 (52 balls)

Last Wicket: Horstead c. McKoy b. Stott 91 (FOW: 181/2)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awkward partnership between 2 Respectables (at best), holding Mrs BB up.

Kookaburra CC won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 51 (5 runs). Kookaburra CC: 136-6, runrate=2.67
Overs remaining today: 59
Clovey 10-1-33-2
Daniel* 60 (131 balls)
Lyall 50 (99 balls)

Last Wicket: Lock b. Clovey 0 (FOW: 43/6)

General Stars -vs- Four Oaks Saints

Im top and i play the team in 2nd who are just a point behind us and with the 3rd place 40 points away, these back-to-back games versus FO is make or break time! Im at home and on an uneven track and bowler friendly conditions, i luckily won the toss and elected to bowl. Needless to say its gone pretty well ...

End of Over 20 (1 run). General Stars: 78-1, runrate=3.90
Lead by 22 runs. (Four Oaks Saints CC 56-10)
Overs left today: 56
Prescott 10-1-31-1
Waterhouse* 47 (65 balls)
Sookram 20 (31 balls)

Last Wicket: Browne c. Pascal b. Prescott 9 (FOW: 22/1)

£477k in the bank and i think i somehow made Sookram wickie too!

Kev

We got Tait out and have slowed the run flow a bit as a result. Just need to remove one of these now and I'd hope to pick up max bowling points.

End of Over 57 (3 runs). Gatley: 204-4, runrate=3.58
Overs left today: 53
Graham 4-0-23-0
Eckhoff* 82 (110 balls)
Westrop 13 (32 balls)

Last Wicket: Tait Run Out 69 (FOW: 176/4)

Forgot to add, I picked up 575k in gate receipts, which I'm sure is a record for my ground. Pretty handy, as we only have one BT20 at home between now and 29/10, assuming we don't win this Sunday and the get drawn at home the week after, and considering we've been drawn away 6 out of 8 so far, there's not much chance of it happening...

I'm on a run of 1 FC and 1 OD home game across a 4 week period, luckily the cup has kept the bank balance topped up. Does mean a gate receipt bonanza in the latter part of the season though.

End of Over 38 (5 runs). General Stars: 149-2, runrate=3.92
Lead by 93 runs. (Four Oaks Saints CC 56-10)
Overs left today: 38
Carrick 6-0-16-0
Sookram* 56 (69 balls)
Deane 5 (15 balls)

Last Wicket: Waterhouse c. Prescott b. Riches 77 (FOW: 142/2)

Might not bowl them out today but probably won't have to face too many overs either.

End of Over 82 (1 run). Gatley: 274-5, runrate=3.34
Overs left today: 28
Benjamin 16-1-64-1
Westrop* 57 (114 balls)
Howard 4 (26 balls)

Last Wicket: Eckhoff b. Benjamin 103 (FOW: 258/5)

botbashing for me this week, only Cptn Williams of the first XI plays. Have batted longer so it goes in to a second day.

1st and 2nd play each other this week and next week while I'm able to rest all my players for two more FC matchdays.

Back