• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC - Match 6

MrB

Life President
ShrimperZone CC v Gatley

A comfortable draw last time out. With the cup in mind we're attempting to draw again by resting all 5 bowlers and hoping our batsmen can last long enough. Mario and Benji play as batsmen only. PCH next two days so might be a bit tough and in attempting to get from Duty to H&F, we've ended up with a green pitch. Oops.

Won the toss which gives me a better chance of forcing the draw and it looks like Gatley have rested a few as well (in response to me letting him know I was resting my bowlers). I doubt I'll get any bowling points but I'll hopefully pick up 5 batting. Plus my reserve bowlers aren't getting caned too much (though we'll see later as there's only three of them plus Wanless putting in the odd short spell).

End of Over 9 (Maiden). Gatley: 20-0, runrate=2.22
Overs left today: 101
Nadauld 5-2-8-0
Eckhoff* 13 (19 balls)
Arunakumara 6 (35 balls)

Want to finish this in a day

End of Over 12 (Maiden). Langold: 7-6, runrate=0.58
Overs left today: 98
Hitish 6-4-3-2
Tuckett* 0 (2 balls)
Tandy 0 (6 balls)
Last Wicket: Piercy b. Woodhall 1 (FOW: 7/6)

Bot ops are already 9-6. I'm at home but still going for first ever win in a day though most of the batsmen are rested. All about second v third and unlike last week 3rds have posted a full line up. A draw or better there will put me a heck of a lot closer to promotion. Free wifi in villa but virtually none in Disney and Universal - bummer

End of Over 15 (Maiden, 1lb). Langold: 9-9, runrate=0.60
Overs left today: 95
Woodhall 8-5-4-5
Shipp* 0 (4 balls)
Scowcroft 0 (4 balls)
Last Wicket: Lampard c. Garai b. Hitish 1 (FOW: 8/9)

and I'm starting with my reserve bowlers.

It's a record. Lowest innings for an opponent

nd of Over 16 (Maiden). Langold: 9-10, runrate=0.56
Overs left today: 94
Hitish 7-5-3-4
Scowcroft* 0 (4 balls)

No wickets but not particularly quick either. Good job reserves!

The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 35 (6 runs). Gatley: 144-0, runrate=4.11
Overs left today: 75
Najibullah 5-0-26-0
Eckhoff* 79 (103 balls)
Arunakumara 59 (107 balls)

dare I dream for a one-day win?

End of Over 61 (2 runs). Napster's XI: 366-3, runrate=6.00
Lead by 357 runs. (Langold 9-10)
Overs left today: 33
Shipp 13-0-62-1
Jarrett* 93 (99 balls)
Baldwin 4 (6 balls)
Last Wicket: Garai c. Gus b. Shipp 55 (FOW: 354/3)

oooh its a good start

End of Over 1 (Maiden). Langold: 0-2, runrate=0.00 (1st Inn: 9-10)
Trail by 397 runs. (Napster's XI 406-3)
Overs left today: 26
Woodhall 1-1-0-2
Bond* 0 (0 balls)
Garner 0 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Gus c. Garai b. Woodhall 0 (FOW: 0/2)

Four Oaks Saints -vs- The General Stars

Green pitch. Partially cloudy and windy. Im at full strength minus Deane. I win the toss and bowl first. Cant see me forcing a result so looking to get a draw. Partially cloudy and humid tomorrow but it should be sunny on Day 3 (hopefully!)! They close on 277-6. This was after they went from 10-0, to 10-3! Slow work. Glad i played 6 bowlers!! Will open up with Johnson and Ndungane to save PFL for Mbata, Waters, Richardson and Raven!

bugger - got them down to 9 wickets...
If you were so desperate for a one day win why didn't you declare at 360?

Bit of a bad finish to the day for me after Sini and Macca took us safely to 74-0 but we then lost 3 quick wickets to move to 93-3. 219 needed to avoid the follow on, hopefully Lamo, Richie and Wanless can see us there.

I'm declaring on 280 today (272-6 overnight) as my last pair are in, and both are all-rounders, so I'd rather pull them out and take the 3 batting points and deny them (hopefully) a last bowling point.

EDIT: Turned out the right decision, as Rennie fell just as we hit 280, so we'd have struggled to 290 all out otherwise.

End of Over 112 (Maiden, 1b). Southend: 280-7, runrate=2.50
Overs left today: 108
Lias 27-11-57-2
Parry* 23 (55 balls)
Blaney 0 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Rennie b. Lias 28 (FOW: 280/7)

Last edited:
Lamo falls early so we're going to need these two to put on at least 80 if we're going to have any chance of avoiding the follow on.

End of Over 40 (1 run). ShrimperZone CC: 104-4, runrate=2.60
Trail by 264 runs. (Gatley 368-1)
Overs left today: 102
Drew 10-3-15-1
Wanless* 3 (15 balls)
Cunningham 7 (32 balls)

Last Wicket: Lamey st. Swartz b. Drew 14 (FOW: 97/4)

Not far off in wrapping my game up. 3rd is dominating their game against second place so worst case there looks like a draw. This will leave me well over 25 points clear and though 3rd place has posted the line up today that would beat anyone hands down I'm guessing I'll b far enough ahead not to care

The two all rounders have seen us past the follow on point. Not ideal as I wanted my bowlers to rest but I'm glad I played them. Hopefully we can pick up a second batting point and then we'll see how aggressive Gatley want to play their declaration. Sunny day tomorrow so should have a much better chance of batting through the second innings whatever target they leave us.

The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 67 (3 runs). ShrimperZone CC: 229-6, runrate=3.42
Trail by 139 runs. (Gatley 368-1)
Overs left today: 75
Howard 15-4-36-3
Benjamin* 44 (60 balls)
Marriott 25 (42 balls)

Last Wicket: Wanless c. Swartz b. Rowley 40 (FOW: 183/6)

Dickson 24 overs 20 maidens 1 wicket 4 runs !

Got to love the time difference for catching up on games. Possible Thunderstorms today but 30 degrees and set to stay like this for the forseeable future. All I need now is an ash cloud !

Didn't look like we were going to make the 2nd point but the last pair saw us home and are now burning up vital overs which is all good.

End of Over 79 (Maiden). ShrimperZone CC: 242-9, runrate=3.06
Trail by 126 runs. (Gatley 368-1)
Overs left today: 63
Rowley 11-4-23-1
Marriott* 33 (78 balls)
Nadauld 2 (11 balls)

Last Wicket: Reinhardt c. Swartz b. Howard 0 (FOW: 232/9)

Back