• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
Here All Week (5th) v BATTY SHRIMPERS (1st)

Chance to extend our 13 point lead at the top of the table. We should win this game well inside 2 days. Rested Lindop and Andre, even though both are at Sublime PFL, and have re-jigged the batting order as well.

We can tell you that Here All Week won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this sunny day.

End of Over 10 (1 run). BATTY SHRIMPERS: 62-1, runrate=6.20
Overs left today: 100
Beenham 3-1-9-0
Ingram* 37 (32 balls)
Downing 0 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Nagendranath b. Gomersall 25 (FOW: 61/1)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pudlington CC (2nd) v DIBS DIPPERS (1st)

The fixtures haven't fallen kindly for Mrs BB, with back-to-back FC games against her closest challenger, with Cup games and a top-of-the-table OD match sandwiched in between. Consequently PFL is shot to bits on her a/r's. She leads today's oppo by 11 points, so if she can somehow wangle a draw, she'll have had a right result.

We can tell you that DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this partially cloudy day.

End of Over 12 (7 runs). Pudlington CC: 61-1, runrate=5.08
Overs left today: 98
Rogan 4-0-15-1
Draheem* 23 (38 balls)
Blackburn 2 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Parry b. Rogan 36 (FOW: 59/1)

much the same pattern as last week so far as we rip through them in the first session..

End of Over 24 (Maiden). Chris Cavemen: 73-7, runrate=3.04
Overs left today: 86
Cliffe 5-2-4-3
Shanks* 47 (76 balls)
Jack 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Mofokeng c. Sookram b. Cliffe 1 (FOW: 73/7)

Told my opponent I wouldn't be making much effortin today's game after fluking the draw last week. This has irked his OD opponent on Friday, oh well. Only 5 batsmen playing.

End of Over 24 (5 runs). ShrimperZone CC: 56-2, runrate=2.33
Overs left today: 86
Montgomery 1-0-5-0
Sinethemba* 29 (73 balls)
Cunningham 12 (19 balls)

Last Wicket: Alvardo b. Calcutt 0 (FOW: 37/2)

Just a question of when we win, but have trainees batting at 4 and 5 so could do with them knocking a few runs off to save Polly and Evelyn from wasting too much PFL as they batter this lot.

Here All Week v BATTY SHRIMPERS

Here All Week won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Dusty
The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 35 (1 runs). BATTY SHRIMPERS: 181-2, runrate=5.17
Overs remaining today: 75
Shearman 6-0-28-0
Downing* 73 (75 balls)
Atherton-Ham 13 (26 balls)

Last Wicket: Ingram b. Gomersall 67 (FOW: 141/2)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a bad effort from Mrs BB's bowlers considering the attack she has out.

Pudlington CC v DIBS DIPPERS

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field.
The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 35 (3 runs, 1lb). Pudlington CC: 150-2, runrate=4.29
Overs remaining today: 75
Titterton 9-0-40-0
Blackburn* 31 (68 balls)
Mcclaren 48 (55 balls)

Last Wicket: Draheem st. Stride b. Rogan 33 (FOW: 82/2)

Not much going on in FC this week :smile:

We lost by a lot, as we will in all our FC games for the remainder of the season. Given that I have nothing to play for now other than OD I've listed Charl and can then bide my time looking for a decent replacement. Dropping an all rounder so should have about £6m to spend on a pure bowler.

We won by an inns and loads earlier today. So if anyone fancies a friendly tomorrow :winking:

--------------------------------------------

Mrs BB heading for a crushing defeat I think.

DIBS DIPPERS have resumed their innings.

End of Over 58 (Maiden). DIBS DIPPERS: 195-2, runrate=3.36 (1st Inn: 47-10)
Trail by 120 runs. (Pudlington CC 362-6 dec)
Overs remaining today: 19
Blackburn 16-6-43-0
Hutton* 27 (39 balls)
Morgan 58 (133 balls)

Last Wicket: Stride b. Ellington 71 (FOW: 149/2)

Opps are about 128 ahead with two wickets left. Could do with rolling those over quickly. Don't fancy my chances of chasing more than 150 on cracked. To add to his 8 and 5 wkts last week Blinkhorn has 5 and 3 so far in this match. As a draw is out I can't afford not to win. 5th is making a real effort to catch up and the gap between 3rd and 5th won't be big enough for me to relax. Next game is divisional leaders and all about max bonus points though I did get a shock draw first time around.

Mrs BB probably needs to bat for another 45 - 50 overs, tricky but not impossible if these 2 stay together for another 25 overs.

DIBS DIPPERS have resumed their innings.

End of Over 96 (3 runs). DIBS DIPPERS: 323-5, runrate=3.36 (1st Inn: 47-10)
Lead by 8 runs. (Pudlington CC 362-6 dec)
Overs remaining today: 91
Blackburn 27-6-73-0
Titterton* 54 (77 balls)
Hutton 70 (121 balls)

Last Wicket: Wellens c. Gallop b. Ellington 11 (FOW: 246/5)

Got away with it a bit!

End of Over 42 (5 runs). Eppleton CC: 92-9, runrate=2.19 (1st Inn: 206-10)
Trail by 77 runs. (General Stars 173-10 & 202-10)
Overs left today: 53
Johnson 3-1-12-0
Owens* 32 (70 balls)
Tucker 3 (4 balls)

Last Wicket: Lawrenson b. Ndungane 2 (FOW: 87/9)

Wobbled at 32-4 chasing 130 to win but Mckie steadied the ship and we cantered home. Puts me 3rd but still much to do to guarantee safety. Not much change out of the next game against runaway leaders though I did draw against them in our first fixture. Winnable game after that might just see me safe.

Back