• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC - Match 8

MrB

Life President
Gatley v ShrimperZone CC

Defeat will mean relegation, lost the vital toss (bowling conditions today, batting Thursday) and his monster is wreaking havoc already.

A big test of our newly strengthened batting line up.

End of Over 7 (Maiden). ShrimperZone CC: 15-1, runrate=2.14
Overs left today: 103
Saifuddin 2-1-1-1
Sinethemba* 8 (17 balls)
Guneratne 2 (8 balls)

Last Wicket: Lamey c. Howard b. Saifuddin 5 (FOW: 13/1)

Welcome to The Croft CG for the match between The Flying Ferrets and General Stars.

We can tell you that General Stars won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this sunny day.

End of Over 33 (5 runs). General Stars: 164-1, runrate=4.97
Overs left today: 77
Lund 3-0-16-0
Guy* 71 (93 balls)
Sookram 37 (40 balls)

Last Wicket: Browne b. De bruyn 52 (FOW: 102/1)

Jadenshire v BATTY SHRIMPERS

3rd (them) against 4th (us). He leads us by 25 points, but we're only 9 points above 5th, so need a win really. Full-strength side out, with the exception of Job.

Not going well so far....

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this partially cloudy and windy day.

End of Over 34 (Maiden). Jadenshire: 92-0, runrate=2.71
Overs left today: 76
Begg 6-2-8-0
Mcallister* 37 (100 balls)
Tindall 50 (104 balls)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the_yak_pack v DIBS DIPPERS

Mrs BB's BOT-bashing this week.

We can tell you that the_yak_pack won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this partially cloudy and windy day.

End of Over 34 (Maiden). the_yak_pack: 22-7, runrate=0.65
Overs left today: 76
Swailes 3-1-3-2
van Zeeland* 3 (32 balls)
Ifill 0 (8 balls)

Last Wicket: Greening lbw b. Swailes 0 (FOW: 22/7)

Once again Saifuddin has destroyed us. Gatley's team isn't that great other than him but he makes it so hard to build an innings. Still, we bat to 10 and with a phenomenal and miraculous in our bowling attack now we always have a chance if we can have a few more partnerships.

End of Over 43 (2 runs). ShrimperZone CC: 116-4, runrate=2.70
Overs left today: 67
Naidoo 9-1-35-0
Wanless* 8 (34 balls)
Helmsley 18 (35 balls)

Last Wicket: Cunningham c. Howard b. Saifuddin 37 (FOW: 90/4)

Building some partnerships we are. BFG enjoying his promotion to 7 and HHH on for a debut half ton.

End of Over 70 (1 run). ShrimperZone CC: 196-5, runrate=2.80
Overs left today: 40
Drew 13-3-38-2
Helmsley* 48 (119 balls)
Graham 26 (57 balls)

Last Wicket: Wanless lbw b. Drew 31 (FOW: 153/5)

Gatley have listed Saifuddin so I can see his skills now. Could have guessed really. He only paid £400k for him, be interesting to see how he replaces him.

Azgar Saifuddin (1062405)
Azgar is a destructive RH Batsman, and a destructive RM Bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and miraculous experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.

Part of the Pakistan squad
Plays For: Gatley
Nationality: Pakistan
Battrick Rating: 742,491
Wages: £692,668 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: elite Concentration: elite
Bowling: elite Consistency: elite
Fielding: elite

Top 5 share the workload nicely...

End of Over 76 (10 runs). General Stars: 364-3, runrate=4.79
Overs left today: 34
Nico 7-0-56-0
Deane* 25 (24 balls)
Waterhouse 32 (29 balls)

Last Wicket: Sookram lbw b. Webber 104 (FOW: 310/3)

Good fightback by the bowlers considering they were 140/0 at one stage.

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 82 (1 runs). Jadenshire: 230-4, runrate=2.80
Overs remaining today: 28
Lindop 20-7-36-0
Tsietsi* 33 (39 balls)
Rosefield 8 (27 balls)

Last Wicket: Mcghee b. Gautham 16 (FOW: 199/4)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB looking to get hers done in a day.

the_yak_pack v DIBS DIPPERS

the_yak_pack won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Cracked

End of Over 37 (3 runs). DIBS DIPPERS: 271-0, runrate=7.32
Lead by 244 runs. (the_yak_pack 27-10)
Overs remaining today: 30
Crowhurst 10-0-65-0
Gowland* 130 (105 balls)
Carden 134 (118 balls)

Can't complain at all. If we can see off Saifuddin's current spell we can hopefully add some more runs before close. Ok, as I type Helmsley falls so we might not be getting too many more anyway. Lol, and Benji goes straight away as well, albeit to a run out. The usual double wicket scenario in FC!!

End of Over 95 (Maiden). ShrimperZone CC: 260-8, runrate=2.74
Overs left today: 15
Saifuddin 24-12-26-5
Sandile* 17 (19 balls)
Marriott 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Benjamin Run Out 0 (FOW: 260/8)

A similar first day to last week as we host Seaside Special. If I win this and B holds Gatley to a draw (or even wins!) then the title should be mine as I face Dobcross next week. Not counting any chickens though as we were this well set last week too before losing 7 wickets for 1 run on the second day.

End of Over 29 (Maiden). Southend: 108-2, runrate=3.72
Trail by 43 runs. (Seaside Special 151-10)
Overs left today: 12
Crow 10-3-31-0
Davenport* 29 (28 balls)
Dowe 47 (82 balls)
Last Wicket: Raisani b. Bancroft 31 (FOW: 58/2)

I skittled the Ferrets for 31 in 27 overs (inc 3 run-outs) and they closed their 2nd innings 9-2 off 7 overs...

Took 3 late wickets so opps are 99-3 chasing 232 I think. I suspect I'll be fighting to hold out for a draw. 4th place aren't doing so well. They got 1 more batting point than me but failed to take a wicket. Now I'm unlikely to bowl my opps out but I'm hoping for a scenario where I draw and they lose leaving me 18 pts behind with 4th and 6th to play. Still a tough call but for the moment my season is alive.

Oppo crawled their way to 284/5, tough slog for the bowlers...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB needs 6 wickets to wrap up her game, should be done by 11.

If I win this and B holds Gatley to a draw (or even wins!)
I am equally relying on you as Angband are playing Dobcross this week whereas SS have already played them twice and as I play them week after next, they're the only ones I can realistically expect to catch. We're 27 behind, should reduce that to 20 with a draw and then we have to beat them and also outscore them in the final week (when you've hopefully already won the title!!).

A nice little 35 partnership for the 9th wicket took us to the 3rd batting point and we closed on 303 all out. Gatley don't bat deep so if Helmsley can take out Saifuddin I reckon I have a chance of a win still. Both of them are on fresh fitness so will be interesting.

Not going too well but not really surprised as it's more batsman friendly today. Just got to hope I can get the 3 bonus points.

End of Over 24 (10 runs). Gatley: 88-1, runrate=3.67
Trail by 215 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 303-10)
Overs left today: 86
Marriott 3-1-21-0
Swartz* 7 (6 balls)
Sayce 53 (73 balls)

Last Wicket: Bissell c. Helmsley b. Graham 28 (FOW: 74/1)

Well well, that chanegd the game slightly. Two great bowlers in the team and it's the youngster that is doing everything including Saifuddin for a duck!

End of Over 27 (3 runs). Gatley: 101-4, runrate=3.74
Trail by 202 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 303-10)
Overs left today: 83
Graham 4-0-13-4
Swartz* 18 (15 balls)
Arunakumara 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Saifuddin c. Lamey b. Graham 0 (FOW: 101/4)

26.6 W Graham to Saifuddin
Edged... and out. Lamey could quite happily catch those all day. A most straightforward dismissal.
26.5 W Graham to Eckhoff
A massive appeal, and the umpire has given it. Eckhoff looks distraught, he thinks he got an inside edge on that. Looking at the replay I'd have to agree with him, but the umpire's decision is final.
26.4 W Graham to Sayce
Sayce wafts feebly down leg and succeeds only in gloving loopily to the tumbling Lamey.

The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 87 (Maiden). Southend United: 257-9, runrate=2.95
Lead by 138 runs. (The Pulsators 119-10)
Overs left today: 75
Swayne 14-4-23-6
Baxter* 8 (23 balls)
Cahill 0 (8 balls)
Last Wicket: Lake c. Mchugh b. Swayne 0 (FOW: 255/9)

Oppo crawled to 318 all out off 138 overs, we've lost Polly early doors in response...

Pitch: Green
The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 7 (4 runs). BATTY SHRIMPERS: 20-1, runrate=2.86
Trail by 298 runs. (Jadenshire 318-10)
Overs remaining today: 75
Misbahuddin 4-1-14-0
Nagendranath* 2 (5 balls)
Evelyn 12 (22 balls)

Last Wicket: Pollock Run Out 6 (FOW: 14/1)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB wrapped up her inns win a long time ago....

Edit - just checked, and Mrs BB has won every FC game by an inns....

Last edited:
Back