• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC - Season 24

My game is drifting gently to a draw which is a decent result under the circumstances and will guarantee decent receipts for tomorrow. Judgys had a first innings lead but then collapsed for 134 in the second so I expect Eppleton to make that and secure 2nd place.

End of Over 24 (Maiden). Nadouessioux Akíchita: 63-1, runrate=2.63 (1st Inn: 283-10)
Lead by 98 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 248-10)
Overs left today: 98
Graham 4-1-9-0
Aslam* 8 (19 balls)
Cahalane 35 (65 balls)

Last Wicket: Gallage b. Wilkshire 19 (FOW: 39/1)

In other news, for the first time ever I've managed to hold over £4m in my account without spunking it on the first half decent player that comes along! Saving it to get some trainees next season as we'll have lots of nets spare.

Going to go to the wire it seems.

Having had them 161 in their 1st innings, we only produced 184.

They followed with 239, and I am 124-3

Requiring 93 to win.

Lost a few games in first team. But this match looks like a good one. The Arrow was promoted up the order and is breaking his highest batting total for all forms

End of Over 46: 243-2, runrate=5.28
Tandy 8-0-54-0
Arrowsmith* 122 (143 balls)
Allan 8 (9 balls)
Last Wicket: Jefferson b. Shelley 3 (FOW: 222/2)

End of Over 50: 277-2, runrate=5.54
Tandy 10-0-70-0
Arrowsmith* 138 (156 balls)
Allan 26 (20 balls)
Last Wicket: Jefferson b. Shelley 3 (FOW: 222/2)

The bad news: this means I'm almost certain relegated (I'm on equal points with Peruvian Farmers but he's ahead of me on some tie-break), but just imagine Richie Benaud reading out the scores..... marvellous.

The players are off the field for tea.

End of Over 70 (2 runs). Peruvian Farmers: 222-2, runrate=3.17
Overs left today: 40
Fleetwood 11-0-26-1
Sohail* 15 (18 balls)
Barr 1 (8 balls)
Last Wicket: Toulson c. Coogan b. Fleetwood 99 (FOW: 218/2)

Like it!

We should cruise to a win in our game, even if it won't be over as quickly as I'd have liked.

End of Over 15 (3 runs, 4lb). ShrimperZone CC: 55-0, runrate=3.67
Trail by 74 runs. (Up Goes The Finger 129-10)
Overs left today: 28
Asher 1-0-3-0
Duck* 37 (52 balls)
Sinethemba 13 (38 balls)

So watching the other game, Eppleton are 4 ahead of us so we need Knights to stop them winning or deny them 5 bonus points. They're going well with an obdurate batting innings so hopefully a draw is on the cards and we can snatch second.

End of Over 84 (3 runs). Legendary Knights: 191-3, runrate=2.27
Overs left today: 26
Hope 22-6-43-1
Walmsley* 17 (25 balls)
Mckinley 36 (96 balls)

Last Wicket: Bood lbw b. Chanderpaul 13 (FOW: 169/3)

The bad news: this means I'm almost certain relegated.
That's a crazily hard FC IV league! Mooropna about to win the OD title and the other three all in II with Farmers and Bendigo in promotion positions (and the latter with the highest current wagebill in the game).

Relegation may be a better bet!!

Knights declared at 200 for some reason which makes it all rather pointless now :zzzzz:

That's a crazily hard FC IV league! Mooropna about to win the OD title and the other three all in II with Farmers and Bendigo in promotion positions (and the latter with the highest current wagebill in the game).

Relegation may be a better bet!!

Tell me about it!

Eppleton made 360 comfortably so it's 3rd place for us. At least it will mean we'll get off to a winning start next season.

missed out on promotion by 3 points, buggery!

Oh well, maybe next season!

Back