• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC - Season 26

Easy 3 day win over sold up Akichita with £1.2m of gates banked again. Same again next week other than I'll want to have it done in 1 day. It's going to be a tight run in, whilst I'm top I'm probably 3rd favourite. Need to avoid defeat against LG and then hope I can beat PH. Unfortunately Queens Park did me no favours against LG this week, my failure to beat them from a winning position a few weeks back is going to cost me.

1. ShrimperZone CC..5 2 0 3 0 19 15 74
2. Los Galactico.......5 3 1 1 0 12 13 71
3. Phils hotspurs.......5 2 1 2 0 16 15 67

#1 v #2 in England. 2nd v 1st in the Championship. Flat pitch and sun as I set up for a draw but we've managed to bowl them out cheaply (even if it did take more than a day).

Now need to hope their big NT doesn't rattle through us. A draw will keep us in contention, though we're unlikely to be top after the game and will need to beat both Phils Hotspurs and Queens Park to take the title.

End of Over 120 (3 runs). Los Galactico: 216-10, runrate=1.80
Overs left today: 100
Digana 27-6-40-3
Sellars* 46 (76 balls)

A win I wasn't expecting when they were 200-2 in the first innings!

13/08/2013 at Queens Park CC
ShrimperZone CC 238-10 & 210-8
Queens Park CC 257-10 & 111-10

It's been a bit of a funny season. I've walked my OD and BT20 divisions and my franchise had a bot filled OD, certain relegation in FC and certain mid table in BT20 so I've only had one division to actually play for. It's mighty close though, Phil plays LG next and then I play Phil in the final week. My failure to beat QP in the first game may cost me.

1. Phils hotspurs 8 5 1 2 0 31 24 133
2. Los Galactico 8 5 1 2 0 21 22 121
3. ShrimperZone CC 8 4 0 4 0 25 24 121

Good win for me away from home against the team at the top, i'm only behind 13 points them now but he has 2 walkovers remaining.

franchise storming ahead. been off work for 2 weeks so not really paid much attention. good to see my franchise team beating B's franchise as well

:thumbsup:

Oh dear!

As of the last financial update you had exceeded your allowed overdraft of £350,000 and are going bankrupt. You must improve your financial situation by the financial update on Saturday 07/09/2013, ensuring that your club's finances are above -£350,000, otherwise you will lose your account! Please see the rules

First round cup exit extremely costly. In fact this season is nothin short of disastrous. Relegated in BT. Facing a play off in OD and possibly worse if I lose this Friday. Safe in FC at least. I need to sell but need them for Friday so will list during the week. 2 sales and retiring Mckie will reduce wages by 100K but also my competitiveness for a couple of seasons.

Question. Better to auto relegate in OD or fight on?

Sadly it's usually better to relegate unless you've hit the member soft cap. I'm sending my franchise down in FC even though I could have stayed up.

franchise storming ahead. been off work for 2 weeks so not really paid much attention. good to see my franchise team beating B's franchise as well

:thumbsup:
Yep, your franchise is looking good. My franchise will be making its move next season, going to top the wages up to about 500k which should be sustainable.

Go hard or go home etc.

Racking up the full point win I need. Need LG and PH to draw, LG 320-8 after day one so an ok start there.

Max point win against Hotspurs needed to secure my first ever main BT trophy. No less will do as LG are 1 point behind with a walkover. First step is to get to 360 and we're giving it a go. Sadly I suspect the three days of sun will stop us forcing a result but you never know.

End of Over 51 (1 run). ShrimperZone CC: 181-3, runrate=3.55
Overs left today: 59
Tonge 11-2-34-0
Sargeant* 27 (74 balls)
Shabangu 12 (27 balls)

Last Wicket: Brennan b. Denton 56 (FOW: 145/3)

It's still on. Made it to 360 and beyond and then forced the follow on by the finest of margins! Still plenty of work to do, if they bat as long as they did yesterday then we won't have time to knock the runs off but fingers crossed a day three pitch will help and the wicket in the final over of the day was a bonus.

End of Over 9 (1 runs). Phils hotspurs: 28-1, runrate=3.11 (1st Inn: 292-10)
Trail by 122 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 442-7 dec)
Pouwels 5-1-9-1
Akhtar* 1 (1 balls)
Benjamin 13 (30 balls)

Last Wicket: Conradie b. Pouwels 14 (FOW: 27/1)

A chance of ending the season on a high.

After making 511-5D, we got them for 269-10, and enforced the follow on.

They are currently 136-4 (but were 79-4, so need to break this partnership soon).

Question will be having the time to score the runs needed to win.

I think you'll be fine, plenty of runs in hand. I however am blowing my big chance, they bat down to 9 and we had them 4 down at this stage yesterday so no chance of bowling them out in time.

End of Over 40 (Maiden). Phils hotspurs: 128-2, runrate=3.20 (1st Inn: 292-10)
Trail by 22 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 442-7)
Overs left today: 79
Choles 13-2-30-1
Towse* 32 (39 balls)
Benjamin 45 (137 balls)

Last Wicket: Akhtar Hit Wicket b. Choles 36 (FOW: 74/2)

2 quick wickets there B, that could be a game changer. 6 down, 41 ahead with 43 overs left. If you can get them out within the next 15-20 overs, you stand half a chance!

Massive if unfortunately, their 8 and 9 can both bat. Reckon I've got 10 overs left.

End of Over 84 (1 run). Phils hotspurs: 204-6, runrate=2.43 (1st Inn: 292-10)
Lead by 54 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 442-7)
Overs left today: 35
Jalaluddin 22-6-54-1
Tonge* 11 (26 balls)
Gillespie 1 (26 balls)

Last Wicket: Towse c. Aikut b. Graham 49 (FOW: 191/6)

All over. Bumholes! Will likely never get a better chance to break my trophy duck.

End of Over 91 (2 runs). Phils hotspurs: 221-6, runrate=2.43 (1st Inn: 292-10)
Lead by 71 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 442-7)
Overs left today: 28
Pouwels 23-4-63-1
Tonge* 24 (48 balls)
Gillespie 5 (46 balls)

Last Wicket: Towse c. Aikut b. Graham 49 (FOW: 191/6)

Back