• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
I have previously expressed on here the known and indisputable fact that dolls (especially china dolls) come to life at night when all the household is asleep. At this time they can only have murderous intent. Happily, however, most people do not keep knives in rooms where dolls reside. People who keep china dolls alongside the likes of Barbie and Sindy in the same room are clearly sick individuals, as Barbie and Sindy will only be seen as sacrifice to the china dolls.

Therefore, this is one of the fears of inanimate objects I have.

The other is a fear of being in a room at night with a photograph of a Victorian male. These men always look so evil, and again, I am sure, at night when you are asleep, they emerge from the photo frame, and revert to their original size and kill you.

I have shared my concerns over objects that cannot move (but really they do), how about yours?

I dont have any fears at all but the fat bird that i am forced to sit opposite in this office has a fear of Buttons...She cannot wear anything with a button on it and even looking at one makes her shudder.

I dont have any fears at all but the fat bird that i am forced to sit opposite in this office has a fear of Buttons...She cannot wear anything with a button on it and even looking at one makes her shudder.

There was a programme on BBC 3 a couple of weeks ago with a woman with that exact fear. It wasn't her was it?

I have never been a fan of Buttons ...I think it stems from a big tin of multi coloured ones all odd ,that My Grandmother used to keep when I was a child ...I dont like anything with lots of Buttons on especially on women (Those Huge ones they have on coats) YUK!. I Won't pic one up off the floor and personally would never buy anything that had alot of them.

But it is not uncommon.

Button Phobia or Koumpounophobia

Button phobia is surprisingly common.

Often, sufferers are surprised to learn that they are far from alone in this surprisingly common, although often unspoken, phobia.

The sufferer quite often believes that they are 'the only one' to suffer from this phobia. Sufferers often report that...
The fear depends on the type or size of button
The fear may only come when the button has 'come loose'
The noise that buttons make may bring a panic attack
The fear may have started in early childhood
The inability to make contact with others wearing buttons
The need to choose clothes for their children that use zips, metal fasteners, elastic or velcro
They can't say, write, or type the word 'buttons'
Male sufferers often find it especially difficult if they work in an office, because they don't like to wear standard office clothing.

They may be afraid of breathing in near a button, in case they inhale the button.

I have never been a fan of Buttons ...I think it stems from a big tin of multi coloured ones all odd ,that My Grandmother used to keep when I was a child ...I dont like anything with lots of Buttons on especially on women (Those Huge ones they have on coats) YUK!. I Won't pic one up off the floor and personally would never buy anything that had alot of them.

But it is not uncommon.

Button Phobia or Koumpounophobia

Button phobia is surprisingly common.

Often, sufferers are surprised to learn that they are far from alone in this surprisingly common, although often unspoken, phobia.

The sufferer quite often believes that they are 'the only one' to suffer from this phobia. Sufferers often report that...
The fear depends on the type or size of button
The fear may only come when the button has 'come loose'
The noise that buttons make may bring a panic attack
The fear may have started in early childhood
The inability to make contact with others wearing buttons
The need to choose clothes for their children that use zips, metal fasteners, elastic or velcro
They can't say, write, or type the word 'buttons'
Male sufferers often find it especially difficult if they work in an office, because they don't like to wear standard office clothing.

They may be afraid of breathing in near a button, in case they inhale the button.

I take it you won't be going to the panto to see Cinderella this year then, Cricko?

I knew a girl at Uni who had an intense fear of sick. It absolutely terrified her to the point that she couldn't be anywhere if there was a chance that someone could potentially hurl nearby.

Unfortunately, we were driving back from a club one night at about 6am when my then girlfriend who was sat next to me in the back of the car managed to achieve the impossible and yak down the back of her neck (she was sitting in the front passenger seat.) The car was swiftly evacuated and I don't think I have ever seen anyone move so quickly and look so terrified- you'd have thought Fred West had just turned up with a set of ropes and a copy of the Karma Sutra in his hands.

Bloody hell, you must find 80s TV programme "Button Moon" terrifying, John...

:o

Noway Far to scarey ...:rolleyes:

Actually thinking on this More I can type the word Buttons but dont rearly like reading it Odd eh ..

I used to have a terrible fear of Spiders which again stems from my Youth when one of my sisters put a large Housespider in my bed ....:eek: I'm Still not fond of them but ok with most.

I Have a dislike of Dark Green slimey water, like stagnant ponds. ....Dont ask me why it just seems spooky.

Oh and I hate Motorways (I would rather take an hour longer to get somewhere on back roads) and any Crowded shopping centres.

Now call me Neurotic if you dare ...:p

I bet she would quite happy stuff bags of the chocolate variety down her neck tho:D

The other is a fear of being in a room at night with a photograph of a Victorian male. These men always look so evil, and again, I am sure, at night when you are asleep, they emerge from the photo frame, and revert to their original size and kill you.

I concur. when I was about 7 or 8, and staying at my great-grandmothers house, my parents had to take the photos out of the room, because I didn't like them.

Of course, I grew out of this when I realised I was being stupid, and am now scared of nothing.*

*Except Helicoptors

not exactly a fear but I can't go near baked beans, don't know why as so many people love them and I used to eat them till I was about 5. If my mum has no kidney beans and puts baked beans in my chili I spend a good 10 minutes picking them out. I would'nt even dare to eat a chip with bean juice on the same plate. :(

Dave - you'll have to start mentioning buttons more...

Ooh, you're as bright as a button, you are!

OK, love, I think we're ready to push the button on that deal.

That sort of thing...

:D

not exactly a fear but I can't go near baked beans, don't know why as so many people love them and I used to eat them till I was about 5. If my mum has no kidney beans and puts baked beans in my chili I spend a good 10 minutes picking them out. I would'nt even dare to eat a chip with bean juice on the same plate. :(

I'm definitely with you on this. I did not include them as inanimate objects and they continually move and slime about. I hate them, and would class this as a definite phobia (along with spagehetti hoops). The kids like them and I have to open a can occasionally. And when I get the bean juice on my hand I come out in a cold sweat. I think I'd rather have a deadly funnel-web spider crawl up my trouser leg.

Blimey, I love beans... especially in chilli con carne.

The only thing I can think I'm really scared of is climbing. Oddly, I really rather enjoy abseiling, but climbing up is never something I've enjoyed a great deal.

In the animal kingdom, snakes and rats aren't exactly my favourite things, either.

Blimey, I love beans... especially in chilli con carne.

The only thing I can think I'm really scared of is climbing. Oddly, I really rather enjoy abseiling, but climbing up is never something I've enjoyed a great deal.

In the animal kingdom, snakes and rats aren't exactly my favourite things, either.

Must be dead snakes and rats then Matt? Otherwise they are not inanimate. My animal kingdom thing is frogs, toads and snails.

Back