• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

February Fixtures 2021

Well, that's a good start. Cambridge being thrashed by Salford tonight may be good news for us but just as easily may not be!

Stevenage winning at Tranmere was a surprise and reduces our relegation mini league to just three teams, ourselves, Grimsby and Barrow. But we only need to finish 22nd........

Have to hope it doesn't go to goal difference.

Have to hope it doesn't go to goal difference.

I keep forgetting there's still 19 games to go. Half a Premier League season.

Ultimately what has cost us in recent weeks is fitness and injuries. Two games a week since December, losing central midfielders forcing MM to play an unfamiliar formation etc. Everyone looked shot to pieces vs Vale. We've added bodies particularly in that central area, and if there's a couple of freebies to come in, we have to hope they hit the ground running.

Tonight was the first opportunity we've had to play MM's preferred formation for a while (albeit with Halford upfront). Hopefully we won't have to go back to the emergency 5-3-2.

I keep forgetting there's still 19 games to go. Half a Premier League season.

Ultimately what has cost us in recent weeks is fitness and injuries. Two games a week since December, losing central midfielders forcing MM to play an unfamiliar formation etc. Everyone looked shot to pieces vs Vale. We've added bodies particularly in that central area, and if there's a couple of freebies to come in, we have to hope they hit the ground running.

Tonight was the first opportunity we've had to play MM's preferred formation for a while (albeit with Halford upfront). Hopefully we won't have to go back to the emergency 5-3-2.

I've split the season in to 2 halves. We are now 4 games in to the 2nd half of 23 games and we have amassed 3 points. After 11 games in at the start of the season we had 2 points.

I've split the season in to 2 halves. We are now 4 games in to the 2nd half of 23 games and we have amassed 3 points. After 11 games in at the start of the season we had 2 points.

Yeah and for me that last sentence is why I think we’ll go down this season. We’ve given the rest of the division a massive head start and have been swimming against the tide ever since. The great run in December gave us an excellent opportunity to get out of trouble but with a poor squad another run of defeats was always around the corner. If we hadn’t started the season so poorly then we wouldn’t be quite so desperate for wins to keep ourselves afloat.

I’m not saying we can’t stay up. There is still hope but we are going to need to get a fair few points in the next few weeks from teams in and around the promotion places and/or playoffs. The funny thing is that if we sign a decent striker I’d start to believe that results like last night won’t just be one-offs.

The difference when Akinola came on last night was there for all to see. But he can’t do it all on his own and we need more goal threats if we’re gonna take maximum points more often.

We won't face many teams with virtually no goal threat of their own like Newport last night. They had only one shot on target all night. But if the Ox can maintain his level of shot stopping we have a chance.

Perhaps it won't be such a busy month if the game against Cambridge is cancelled.

No spare dates in February for rearranged matches that means more games in March and April presumably.

I don't know if that is a good thing or not - gives players the chance to get fit (also applies to our opponents) but have we a big enough squad to play consistently every Tuesday and Saturday when we are desperate for points.

Barrow play away at Salford on Tuesday night - the first of their 3 games in hand.

And we play Salford on 27th of this month - so Salford could have a big say in the league table by the end of the month.

What we hoped for was that we would still be in touch by the end of February. An important part of that will be the results achieved by Barrow and Grimsby tonight. Fingers crossed.......

One more game to go now.

7 points so far this month - all against "top teams" - Newport, Cambridge and now Forest Green.

At home to Salford next.

Is playing at home a bonus or a hinderance I wonder?

7 points is a good haul, yes?
8 would be even better.
10 - well, it couldn't happen could it?

Barrow are away at Bolton on Saturday.
Colchester away at Forest Green.
Stevenage away at Newport
Grimsby away at (very inconsistent) Harrogate &
Mansfield at home to Morecambe.

Barrow are away at Bolton on Saturday.
Colchester away at Forest Green.
Stevenage away at Newport
Grimsby away at (very inconsistent) Harrogate &
Mansfield at home to Morecambe.

Didn't realise until looking at the top end of the table earlier, that Morecambe are 'in the mix' up there!.
For a club who usually are in a relegation battle, they have exceeded probably all expectations this season?.

Back