• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wakes123

Manager⭐
We have 5 league games in February, all against teams currently in the bottom half and all against teams we have beaten in the league this season. Just need to get through January in contention and February could give us the momentum and confidence for the run in. *hopefully not the kiss of death *I know this is Southend and you can't predict anything

Not looking beyond Chesterfield at the moment with regards to league games. That is a very important game for us. Taking each league game as it comes.

The only game we don't need to win is Hull. If we do, great. Pay off some debts and get rid of the embargo. If we lose, get on with collecting league points. I'd rather get promotion than a cup run.

You know whatever happens, we don't do easy.

UTB

Screw that. I want to beat Hull and look forward to Arsenal away. :raspberry:

I have faith in this team and our glorious leader that cup run or not, we'll be in the automatics come May.

Lets not forget our last defeat came at the hands of 23rd placed Torquay!

I know but I think the important thing is we've beaten all these teams this season. Probably looking too far ahead but was bored and looking at our remaining fixtures.

Thats a good point,cant take anything for granted in this although not highest in quality but very competitive league.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Automatics at the end of Jan, and slipped out the play-offs come end of Feb after five league games without a win, but in the FA Cup QF.

Was thinking the same thing.
As Wally on this,
I think on their day any teams capable of a victory in this division,
Be it home or away, just hoping for 3 pts agains't Chesterfield.
Worry about feb later in the month.
UTB

We've got history of playing and getting worse results against lower placed teams! I'll take each match as it comes, thank you, and not look too far further ahead!

Not looking beyond Chesterfield at the moment with regards to league games. That is a very important game for us. Taking each league game as it comes.

The only game we don't need to win is Hull. If we do, great. Pay off some debts and get rid of the embargo. If we lose, get on with collecting league points. I'd rather get promotion than a cup run.

You know whatever happens, we don't do easy.

UTB

I understand your point, but if I had a choice of 3 points in the league , or beating Hull I will take beating Hull any day of the week . The financial implications could be huge (between £100,000 to £1,000,000), plus the memories (chelsea, Man Utd etc) and we are going to go up anyway :winking:.

Incidentally the BBC did a poll of Wigan suporters on would they swap going their Cup win with relegation, and the overwhelming majority (everyone!) would take the cup win . I know we are not going to win the FA cup, but we are not going to be relegated either. Football (to me) is all about the memories, and I would take the chance of a big draw, and maybe a cup upset against three points any day of the week

I understand your point, but if I had a choice of 3 points in the league , or beating Hull I will take beating Hull any day of the week . The financial implications could be huge (between £100,000 to £1,000,000), plus the memories (chelsea, Man Utd etc) and we are going to go up anyway :winking:.

Incidentally the BBC did a poll of Wigan suporters on would they swap going their Cup win with relegation, and the overwhelming majority (everyone!) would take the cup win . I know we are not going to win the FA cup, but we are not going to be relegated either. Football (to me) is all about the memories, and I would take the chance of a big draw, and maybe a cup upset against three points any day of the week

I'm with you on this although I do get wally4pm's point.

Chesterfield also face Rochdale next Tuesday. Then Fleetwood have 2 games in 3 days against Burton and Scunthorpe away. We could probably want 3 draws there.

If i recall last season we had those 3 very winnable home games in the space of a week or two against bottom teams ,that very likely proved the downfall of PS, correct me if im wrong.I think he was still in charge at the time.Anyway the point being Southend for some unknoen reason seem to go better against the top teams than they do against the strugglers.

Back