• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Feedback

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
I would appreciate your feedback on a couple of points please:

• For the last set of fixtures I thought by spreading the fixtures over two days it would make it more exciting but in reality it lead to confusion and tactical predicting , do you think I should avoid this if possible?
  • Reminders- If you haven't predicted I send reminders on the morning the day before and the morning of the match, is this right for you? I ask as several people missed the odd predictions so is their anything i can do to help.
  • Any thoughts or improvements would be much appreciated.

The new session starts on Saturday (No. 1)don't forget to get your predictions in.

I didn't mind the fixtures being split over two days!! Tactical predictions whilst understandable, does spoil things slightly.

Reminders, keep them coming, as I usually do these and my fantasy football on a Thursday or Friday, so it's much appreciated.

Personally I would go for all matches on the same day if possible.

The reminders I think you get spot on. If I still haven't predicted after those then its my own fault for getting no points.

The only other suggestion I would have is at the end of the year (if it isn't too much hassle) to do an overall table of everyone's points for the season just to see who top scored. I think the division/season set up is still the way to go as it keeps everyone having something to play for.

I suggest fixtures all on same day when possible. Would there be a way for the mods to stop others (apart from DODTS obvs) from viewing people's predictions until after the games? That'll knock tactical voting on the head!

Happy with different days but prevent any editing after first kick off to prevent tactics.
Mk shrimper has a good point about blocking views of others selections too.
Extra points for picking 5 or more correct results can also distort the league giving undue benefit to a lucky week!

Tactical voting? My God, this is just for fun isn't it?!!! :stunned:

I fully appreciate your reminders, I tend to do a few predictions together so sometimes forget where I'm up to. Personally, I would prefer fixtures on the same day where possible.

You do a great job Pete, well done :thumbsup:

Tactical voting? My God, this is just for fun isn't it?!!! :stunned:

I fully appreciate your reminders, I tend to do a few predictions together so sometimes forget where I'm up to. Personally, I would prefer fixtures on the same day where possible.

You do a great job Pete, well done :thumbsup:

Indeed it is...............after seeing the tables this morning, I REALLY did just get the razor blade out for shaving. :winking:
Apart from the obvious reason, I would prefer all the matches on the same day, when that's possible. When that isn't possible then thread should be shut following the start of the first matches.
Not sure whether the five correct scores distorts the League but then again, shouldn't somone get a little bit more if they get all six correct?
I appreciate the reminders and although I don't generally forget, I think it did once prove useful on a midweek series of games.

Pete, you do a grand job as always.
Cheating on the prediction league - never!!!!!!

Hi Pete, this is the first year I've done it and it's been great fun to be honest. I can see you're really dedicated to it.

I would prefer all games on the same day where possible as others have suggested.

I agree with the person who said this was the best prediction league going, and I wouldn't want to change much, aside from perhaps preventing updates after the first match has started. If some people want to predict tactically, well that's down to them. It didn't occur to me, which almost cost me the Div 2 title on the last day!

I am a regular yoyo-er between divisions (much like a club I could mention), and it is uncanny how for me promotion is frequently followed by relegation, as if I haven't spent quite enough in the close season strengthening my predicting team.

I like the idea of an end of season overview, showing overall performance over the 4 mini-seasons.

The reminders are helpful and sometimes needed.

Grateful thanks to Pete for all the hard work in running this.

Now, do I play with 1 up front in the higher league, and will Deegan manage to make the step-up in class...

The joy at getting to the semi finals of the prediction cup this year (despite being useless) has made this league even better.

It is a fantastic prediction league which must entail many hours of dedication by DoDTS and I appreciate every hour spent.

Keep up the good work.

PS: The format works so don't change it.

I love it. It's well organised, getting bigger and bigger every season with promotion and relegation. Keeps me interested in L1 in general, having to check form and position of teams before I predict then looking at the scores asap after games to see how I've done.

It's a truly amazing thing is the prediction league and I thank you Pete from the bottom of my heart for taking it on from Blueblood and evolving it into something even more wonderful than it already was.

Back