• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
It's almost as if we are on a never ending feel good trip at the moment. From the 23rd May 2015 onwards stuff has been happening which in the past we could only dream of. I thought the Wembley win would be the pinnacle and we would have a so-so pre-season with the usual grumbling about lack of signings, lack of contract renewal news etc. But instead we have new players, contracts renewed and the prospects of more to come.

Up until the Pig did the business at Wembley I did not believe that the sort of finish we experienced would ever happen to us. If I'm honest I thought there was a very good chance that Timlin would pick up his skirt and fly, and I didn't expect that we would land Mooney or Wordsworth, and certainly not by the beginning of July 2015. All in all I'm feeling good and it's a very nice feeling. I can't wait for the season to begin and I have a very naïve feeling that this is going to be another successful season for us. All I have to do now is finally stab and drown that nagging feeling deep in the pit of my stomach that none of the good stuff will last. Of course it will, won't it??

Things always change very quickly in football as we all know it can go from great to ***** or vice versa. However this is not a negative comment. I'm pleased with our signings and looking forward to the new season. I know June has passed and not a word about the new stadium, does the club's staff know more than we do? I've read the the statements that our new and renewed contracts I feel a lot of excitement coming from them? how have we beat suspected other interested bigger clubs ie Millwall Portsmouth etc?

Take a deep breath RHB - when I last looked at the League 1 table we were 21st :(

Take a deep breath RHB - when I last looked at the League 1 table we were 21st :(

Still plenty of time for the table to look different, I just can't see how we can improve on our league position at the moment. The players are clearly disheartened to not having a new kit to play in.

On a more serious note, the signings (both renewed contracts and new players) are a positive step in the right direction. Hopefully other targets we are looking at will see these and be persuaded to join. Sounds very positive that everyone says they want to play for Brown and for Southend, so hopefully it does attract some top quality in, and if we can add a couple more players, I see no reason why we won't have a good season in League One

It's easy change our name to Basildon United we will march up the table into 2nd. Then just have to stay there until May simples

It's almost as if we are on a never ending feel good trip at the moment. From the 23rd May 2015 onwards stuff has been happening which in the past we could only dream of. I thought the Wembley win would be the pinnacle and we would have a so-so pre-season with the usual grumbling about lack of signings, lack of contract renewal news etc. But instead we have new players, contracts renewed and the prospects of more to come.

Up until the Pig did the business at Wembley I did not believe that the sort of finish we experienced would ever happen to us. If I'm honest I thought there was a very good chance that Timlin would pick up his skirt and fly, and I didn't expect that we would land Mooney or Wordsworth, and certainly not by the beginning of July 2015. All in all I'm feeling good and it's a very nice feeling. I can't wait for the season to begin and I have a very naïve feeling that this is going to be another successful season for us. All I have to do now is finally stab and drown that nagging feeling deep in the pit of my stomach that none of the good stuff will last. Of course it will, won't it??
We are now a L1 club and have a well known manager who can attract good signings. We're certainly in a good position at the moment.

Back